Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2017, 04:42 PM

9,189 posts, read 16,540,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post
So areas like N.Y and San Francisco with plenty of white collar professionals are doing great in the relationship arena..........right?
Unbelievable !
It's a much bigger pond to fish in. Are you arguing otherwise?

Old 03-23-2017, 05:26 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,906,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlegirlinaz View Post
This is sad but very true. I don't see many white-collar professionals in this city, it's mostly blue-collar, retail or sales jobs.

I'm not against the blue-collar guy but I met one on line and he was the exact definition of a d0uchebag in person. My preference is white-collar men who are business-oriented, decent dressers, well-groomed, and are true gentlemen but that type seems to be hard to find around here.

Try NYC, CHI, LA, HOU, SEA, etc, if you want more "white collar guys" to choose from. Its like wanting to buy a Ferrari, but only looking at a Honda dealer for one. Go directly to the source if you want a stocked pond to fish in, so-to-speak.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:54 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,642,358 times
Quote:
I agree with a lot of this but I don't think I come across shallow. Judgmental yes but not shallow.

The last thing I want is a player. I have no use for someone who's into the club scene, flashes money around, and drives a fast car or big truck. I just want to meet a nice respectful gentleman who has a decent job, makes a clean appearance, and knows how to treat a lady. That's all I'm looking for. Why is that so much to ask?

I don't go to the gym to meet men and I thought I made it clear. I go there to exercise and that's all. The reason I posted about it before is the type of guys I see at the gym, tatted-up dudes who are all into themselves.

So this leads me back to my original question that I don't think was answered, is the bad dating scene and the bad choice of men common all over the country these days or just here in the Phoenix Valley?

Oh and a 10 year old Subaru sounds just fine to me. I'd rather be seen with a man who drives an average car than some d0uchebag in a jacked-up F350 with monster tires.
I think you missed my point, which was: No, the dating scene isn't bad where I am, nor is it bad in Phoenix. You're simply marketing yourself wrong.

I think it's completely reasonable for you to tell me that I misunderstood you and that you think that boring, but nice and stable guy sounds awesome. The problem is that guy (who is probably a lot like me) may find you repulsive based on your comments here, and I can promise that you're not going to meet him in the gym. Yeah, he probably works out, but he's jogging his dog in the neighborhood and maybe lifting dumbbells in the garage, because he's not vain enough to need a gym membership. You may be a super nice woman with a lot going for you - you've got to present that side of yourself though if you want to attract a nice guy. I left some advice in my last comment (#71) on how to do that. Please feel free to ask if you'd like additional advice.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:56 PM

4,054 posts, read 5,067,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo-Aggie View Post
I think you missed my point, which was: No, the dating scene isn't bad. You're simply marketing yourself wrong. I think it's completely reasonable for you to tell me that I misunderstood you and that you think that boring, but nice and stable guy sounds awesome. The problem is that guy (who is probably a lot like me) may find you repulsive based on your comments here, and I can promise that you're not going to meet him in the gym. Yeah, he probably works out, but he's jogging his dog in the neighborhood and maybe lifting dumbbells in the garage, because he's not vain enough to need a gym membership.
That or his friends wanted to go to the bar and he is the quiet one in the group totally ignoring the "bar games".

Old 03-23-2017, 07:37 PM

200 posts, read 409,368 times
Quote:
You’re entitled to your opinion but you need a reality check. Body tats and piercings are associated with gangs, neo-Nazis, and criminals even if the person wearing them isn’t any of that.

You know some places ban people with lots of tattoos. I heard about a bar somewhere in the east Valley that told a man with tats all over his neck he couldn’t enter. He was ex-military but what does it matter? The bar owners don’t want people covered with tats in their place and they have a right to say they’re not welcome.

Tell the bar to not judge a book by the cover, I’m sure they would be happy to hear what you think.
If you have read the latest on the Gilbert bar, they have apologized, both in public and directly to the guy and his family. They are changing their policy due to not wanting to stereotype people.
People told the bar what they thought and they realized they were wrong.
Anyway, I don't have any tattoos , but I know enough that people are different and not to group everyone into the same circle.
I'm curious what you do for a living?

Old 03-23-2017, 10:55 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,477,657 times
Quote:
I thought I posted some of this before.

I like good movies and good music but not much of the today stuff. I like jazz, classical, and especially classic soft rock from the 70's and 80's, Eagles, Chicago, Journey, Toto, and music of that nature. I enjoy seeing a good live band. It's probably a bit unusual for someone my age but that's what I'm into. I'm pretty old-school in my tastes.

Traveling is another interest of mine but I don't really care about traveling around the world or to exotic places. A good road trip to the coast or cross-country is what I enjoy. I'd rather see America up close from the ground level, not from a distant aerial view.

I'm really just an average girl, nothing high-maintenance. I seem picky about the kind of guys I meet because of all the jerks out there who are so into themselves and don't know how to be real gentlemen. I probably should have been born in the 1950's, or some other past era because I can relate more to the old-fashion ways than what's out there these days.
Your attitude seems a little hoity-toity but considering your taste in music and the qualities you're searching for in a mate, you might be better off with someone 10-20 years older.

Most 30 year-olds probably haven't even heard of some of the bands you like and some of them might be too blinded by a person's looks, money, or hot car to consider the important qualities.

Online dating isn't the place to meet quality people, and neither is a bar or nightclub because those are the spots where the fake plastic people hang out.

I don't have a lot of experience in the dating world and I already have a significant other but I've heard being involved in community activities is a good way to meet quality single people.

If that's not your cup of tea then try a singles group like Events and Adventures, it seems to have a good reputation.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:12 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,594,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Sounds like you are attracting the wrong guys...

My mom always used to tell us...if you fish in the toilet, don't be surprised when all you pull in are turds.
This mostly.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:14 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,594,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Try NYC, CHI, LA, HOU, SEA, etc, if you want more "white collar guys" to choose from. Its like wanting to buy a Ferrari, but only looking at a Honda dealer for one. Go directly to the source if you want a stocked pond to fish in, so-to-speak.
Based off the number of tech jobs I see posted in Phoenix and Scottsdale, I find it difficult to believe that there is a shortage of white collar single men.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:21 PM

9,189 posts, read 16,540,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Based off the number of tech jobs I see posted in Phoenix and Scottsdale, I find it difficult to believe that there is a shortage of white collar single men.
Interesting. Intel has a large presence and of course there's Go Daddy, but there isn't a huge tech scene here like the other cities mentioned.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:03 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,906,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Sure there are some. But look at other major cities with much smaller populations and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area