Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 12:00 AM

117 posts, read 129,126 times

Advertisements

Take a look at this too:

https://www.tucsonweekly.com/tucson/...nt?oid=1074304

It talks about how Tucson has the rudest people in the Southwest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2019, 07:54 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorandesert92 View Post
Take a look at this too:

That's one person's (admittedly funny) opinion.

But Tucson can't have the rudest people in the Southwest. I've been to Santa Fe.

Old 03-03-2019, 08:51 AM

6,294 posts, read 4,191,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
That's one person's (admittedly funny) opinion.

But Tucson can't have the rudest people in the Southwest. I've been to Santa Fe.
No ,it has to be New Jersey lol

Old 03-03-2019, 10:54 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,878,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
No ,it has to be New Jersey lol
Um er... while I guess NJ is southwest of something, it's not the rudest city in the Southwest USA.

I'd give that title to El Paso. (PHX would get a dishonorable mention for being snooty, but that's different than rudeness).

Old 03-03-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson520 View Post
Um er... while I guess NJ is southwest of something, it's not the rudest city in the Southwest USA.

I'd give that title to El Paso. (PHX would get a dishonorable mention for being snooty, but that's different than rudeness).
Both Tucson and El Paso are unfriendly cities. Phoenix is the friendliest in the entire desert Southwest from my recent experiences. Albuquerque kind of is like Tucson, but possibly maybe slightly friendlier. I'm gonna experience Palm Springs soon, but I've heard people are nice there. So far, Phoenix and Las Vegas have been the friendliest in the desert southwest, Las Vegas coming in 2nd place. Now that I've spent 6 weeks in Phoenix, I can say that Tucson and El Paso are very alike as well as Albuquerque. All 3 cities medium sized desert cities can be easily comparable.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:06 AM

Still though, I was so shocked to hear that U of A fans would throw beer cans and spitwads at other college fans at games. I've never been to a U of A game, but I kind of believe it, especially if it's against ASU. U of A takes pride in their school spirit, much more so than academics. U of A and UTEP have similar students and similar vibes. U of A felt like an oversized version of UTEP, where everyone is to themselves and nobody talks to you. ASU is very different, feels a lot more like Texas Tech and University of Houston, where everyone is so nice and people talk to each other instead of keeping to themselves. Never experienced UNM, but had a friend that did, and he said it was exactly like UTEP.

Old 03-06-2019, 12:13 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,542,867 times
Quote:
Take a look at this too:

This article is from waaaaay back in '03.

It's funny that she calls Southern Californians "rude" though...?

The "rudest" people I've ever dealt with were in Scottsdale, and the nicest were in Sedona.

One has a lot of pretense, the other doesn't need to.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:27 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,878,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
This article is from waaaaay back in '03.

It's funny that she calls Southern Californians "rude" though...?

The "rudest" people I've ever dealt with were in Scottsdale, and the nicest were in Sedona.

One has a lot of pretense, the other doesn't need to.
LOL - I had to put that person on ignore because of her single-note posting. Tucson bad Tucson bad Tucson bad. Now for some reality - Tucson has the nicest people I've ever encountered in my half-century-plus on this earth. Mind you, they can't drive to save their lives, but I was genuinely taken a year ago when I moved to Tucson because of the pleasant, friendly demeanor of the populace. I'm still pleased every day. People at my workplace actually say hi to strangers in the hallways. It's a breath of fresh air!

Old 03-06-2019, 07:40 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Still though, I was so shocked to hear that U of A fans would throw beer cans and spitwads at other college fans at games. I've never been to a U of A game, but I kind of believe it, especially if it's against ASU. U of A takes pride in their school spirit, much more so than academics. U of A and UTEP have similar students and similar vibes. U of A felt like an oversized version of UTEP, where everyone is to themselves and nobody talks to you. ASU is very different, feels a lot more like Texas Tech and University of Houston, where everyone is so nice and people talk to each other instead of keeping to themselves. Never experienced UNM, but had a friend that did, and he said it was exactly like UTEP.
Well, when my university, LSU, played U of A in 2003, we brought around 19,000 drunk Cajun fans and I can tell you that the UA people were completely intimidated in Tucson by LSU's rowdy fans. The game was also an LSU blowout and we led 45-0 at the half.

I spent the week in Tucson and I didn't find the people rude there actually. I have a trip planned next week to be in Tucson again....will see what's changed.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:56 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Well, when my university, LSU, played U of A in 2003, we brought around 19,000 drunk Cajun fans and I can tell you that the UA people were completely intimidated in Tucson by LSU's rowdy fans. The game was also an LSU blowout and we led 45-0 at the half.

I spent the week in Tucson and I didn't find the people rude there actually. I have a trip planned next week to be in Tucson again....will see what's changed.
It’s not a rude town. It’s slighty insular because it’s built in a way that makes most of it difficult to get out of, but it’s also full of college kids and retired people from other places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area