Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 01:44 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,959,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTWtoPHX View Post

Are there any plans for an observation tower in PHX?
I would hope not, that would be rather embarrassing.

Our observation "towers" are the mountains nearby. Camelback and South Mountain offer nice views of downtown, as does Piestewa Peak (further north).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 03:06 PM

4,069 posts, read 5,139,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
There's really no reason to be afraid of scorpions. Most of them are as harmless as bees, although their stings are painful. However, AZ is home to the only species of scorpion that has killed people: the AZ bark scorpion (Centruroides exilicauda). They are also the only scorpion in AZ that climbs well, so its not uncommon to see them on ceilings, etc. We also have a lot of mosquitos in areas, as well as huge mutha cockroaches (that fly). Special care should also be taken when hiking in natural areas, as AZ is chock full of rattlesnakes. So we may not have as many flying pests as humid states, we do have the "bigger and badder" bugs in the form of scorpions, tarantulas, black widows, etc. Then again many other states have the same type of fauna, but AZ seems to be the epicenter of animals that give most people nightmares. Simply be aware of your surroundings and leave em alone, and no wildlife should ever pose a problem to you.
Brown Recluse spiders, centipedes, coyotes, javalina...at least we don't have gators.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Are there any plans for an observation tower in PHX? I read that Odysea is adding a 200 foot ferris wheel (as far as things to do, I'm a child at heart), but doesn't anyone think putting a tower like this in a location like downtown, MetroCenter area, or Westgate would be quite lucrative?
Like this ugly thing? Thank God, NO!

Old 04-20-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Oh my. That's hideous. Looks like a lollipop.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Oh my. That's hideous. Looks like a lollipop.
Heh...had you not seen this concept? OP had a link to the artists renderings on page 2.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Heh...had you not seen this concept? OP had a link to the artists renderings on page 2.
Ive only been in PHX for a few years, that was proposed before I arrived here. I didn't click the link(s), that was my bad.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:52 PM

68 posts, read 68,450 times
Default Canal Development!

Quote:
Wow, that's ugly. really ugly. I guess they couldn't find the funding for a reason.

Are the canals much to brag about? I know that there have been recent studies published that show that 'canal districts' would be very attractive. I went to OHSO while in town, and I know that they have a canal side entrance. I love it!

Clearly the canals aren't meant for swimming or anything, but are there more restaurants and businesses planned to be on the canal? How would you feel about it?

Quote:
Brown Recluse spiders, centipedes, coyotes, javalina...at least we don't have gators.
You've got to be joking. Looks like I'll be doing some vanquishment training while I'm still in Michigan. Summer is coming, after all!

Old 04-20-2017, 10:04 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,729,777 times
Quote:
Ive only been in PHX for a few years, that was proposed before I arrived here. I didn't click the link(s), that was my bad.
This was proposed in 2014, when did you get here?

Old 04-21-2017, 09:24 AM

43 posts, read 48,596 times
Quote:
Are the canals much to brag about? I know that there have been recent studies published that show that 'canal districts' would be very attractive. I went to OHSO while in town, and I know that they have a canal side entrance. I love it!

Clearly the canals aren't meant for swimming or anything, but are there more restaurants and businesses planned to be on the canal? How would you feel about it?
The only area where they've really embraced the canal is the Scottsdale Waterfront project...and that's only one block long. There are a lot of pedestrian paths along the canals though. Hopefully in the future they take more advantage of it!

Old 04-21-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
This was proposed in 2014, when did you get here?
2012, so I was wrong.

To be honest, I'm glad I didn't see that proposal. I might have spewed at the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area