Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 12:47 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,919,706 times

Advertisements

there are tons of rich AND poor A-Holes in the world, as well as the same amount of rich AND poor great people..

judging people based on their incomes or where they live shows a complete lack intelligence...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 01:31 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,265,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorgirlUtah View Post
If you want fake rich people move to Scottsdale
Scottsdale has wealthy areas and middle class areas. Overall, I'd say it's an upper middle class city, not a replica of Beverly Hills by any means. As for being "fake", I hope you realize that most of the ones who are considered wealthy are those who worked hard to get where they are. Many so called "rich" people are business owners who provide jobs, and this in turn helps the overall economy. They don't just sit in their mansions on their gold plated furniture and spend their money on foolish things. Quite frankly, I wish the Phoenix metro area would attract more wealthy, business oriented people than it currently does.

Old 05-27-2017, 02:30 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorgirlUtah View Post
If you want fake rich people move to Scottsdale
Fake?

Hey! People like myself and others have EARNED our wealth, so leave us Scotties alone!

Old 05-27-2017, 03:34 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,423,753 times
LOL This whole thread. I had a reply thought up defending against poor generalizations but the more I think about this whole forum, the more I realize, how much can we really help a person outside of generalizations.

More than 1 person has said Scottsdale is snobby or stuck up, okay fine.
There are stuck up people in Chicago and any major city.

OP says there's only "self-hating liberals" in Chicago and no "intellectuals" in Miami. Ok fine, the people he talked to probably were so. And there are probably many more. But Chicago is full of geniuses, entrepreneurs, and street smart people who all work their butts off. Miami is full of culture, diversity, and plenty of intellect as they have revitalized themselves many times over.

Unless we are the same demographic as you with a similar socio-economic mindset, we can't really tell you how YOU would like it. At the end of the day, you can't escape the human race. We're all different and we live everywhere in the world. If you place high value in one aspect, you will lose others. Try to find the most intellectual city in the world, or the most conservative, or the most liberal, or the most hard-working, or the most ..... etc...You will inevitably give up something else.

You can find what you're looking for in Phoenix and many other cities. When you find something terrible like "snotty people" or "SJWs" --- Believe me, that is not the place or those people, that is you and your outlook on life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
Nathan and 7freak,

I'm not sure you'll ever find what your "looking" for......
This person said it best.

Old 05-27-2017, 04:05 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,735,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
LOL This whole thread. I had a reply thought up defending against poor generalizations but the more I think about this whole forum, the more I realize, how much can we really help a person outside of generalizations.

More than 1 person has said Scottsdale is snobby or stuck up, okay fine.
There are stuck up people in Chicago and any major city.

OP says there's only "self-hating liberals" in Chicago and no "intellectuals" in Miami. Ok fine, the people he talked to probably were so. And there are probably many more. But Chicago is full of geniuses, entrepreneurs, and street smart people who all work their butts off. Miami is full of culture, diversity, and plenty of intellect as they have revitalized themselves many times over.

Unless we are the same demographic as you with a similar socio-economic mindset, we can't really tell you how YOU would like it. At the end of the day, you can't escape the human race. We're all different and we live everywhere in the world. If you place high value in one aspect, you will lose others. Try to find the most intellectual city in the world, or the most conservative, or the most liberal, or the most hard-working, or the most ..... etc...You will inevitably give up something else.

You can find what you're looking for in Phoenix and many other cities. When you find something terrible like "snotty people" or "SJWs" --- Believe me, that is not the place or those people, that is you and your outlook on life.

This person said it best.
Hit the nail on the head, big time! I travel quite a bit for work and people just love to be in a constant state of complaining, no matter where they are. Be it NY, Seattle, LA or Atlanta.... it's too expensive, too hot, too cold, too rainy, too liberal, too redneck.... blah blah blah...

Then there's the types that make things happen, you meet them everywhere too, they're busy inventing things, savings lives or somehow looking to change the world. Those are the types that are fun to be around and what you realize quickly is it doesn't matter where they are, they'll seek out people with similar qualities and do great things regardless of where they choose to sleep at night.

The saying is as relevant now as ever, "Excuses are like butts (to avoid rule violations), everyone has one" and some can overcome these and others will drown in them.

Old 05-28-2017, 10:58 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
What is MSA?

Old 05-28-2017, 12:27 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
What is MSA?
Here's a few possibilities...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSA

Old 05-28-2017, 03:57 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times
I'm guessing in a thread about metropolitan areas, Metropolitan Statistical Area.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:55 AM

720 posts, read 734,516 times
I also heard the "snobbish" remarks when we were searching for our home in 2013. I was surprised that when we bought no one came to our door and welcomed us to the neighborhood. Everyone keeps to themselves and that was disappointing. However I was reminded that it's not up to them to greet me - it's up to me if I want to know the neighbors to go and introduce myself! I mentioned this several times in this forum - but Zig Ziglar has really changed my way of thinking and I love this quote “If you go out looking for friends, you're going to find they are very scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere.”

If you haven't seen Law of Attraction on Netflix I would suggest you watch it or read the book- you attract the vibe that you give out and so if you are categorizing people as somehow better or less than you -you might as well just stay where you are because I doubt you will ever find peace in your heart or like any place no matter where you move to.

Old 05-29-2017, 12:25 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,743,772 times
This has got to be one of the most juvenile threads I have ever seen. Phrases like "stuck up" sound like they are coming from high school students. Taking generalizations to a new high as an art form...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area