Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 10:49 PM

4 posts, read 3,735 times

Advertisements

I grew up in CA (Torrance) and lived there to the age of 33. I never really thought about it much until I moved to AZ 14 years ago. CA is DIRTY. It is horrible. Trash everywhere, graffiti, vandalism in every public restroom, and the freeways... holy cow the freeways are UGLY! My family still lives there so I visit once a year. I never realized how ugly the dirty bare concrete overpasses are. Here all of our overpasses are painted and look nice and if there is ANY graffiti it is painted over quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 07:53 AM

197 posts, read 271,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthyMcStealth View Post
I grew up in CA (Torrance) and lived there to the age of 33. I never really thought about it much until I moved to AZ 14 years ago. CA is DIRTY. It is horrible. Trash everywhere, graffiti, vandalism in every public restroom, and the freeways... holy cow the freeways are UGLY! My family still lives there so I visit once a year. I never realized how ugly the dirty bare concrete overpasses are. Here all of our overpasses are painted and look nice and if there is ANY graffiti it is painted over quickly.
This. Lots of LA is nasty as can be.

Irvine is one of the few SoCal cities that reminds me of a clean Phoenix suburb.

Old 05-31-2017, 03:08 PM

39 posts, read 51,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Jack View Post
Came to Scottsdale from LA/OC around 3 years ago.

I miss the beach/weather/greenery the most. The arid climate and intensely hot summers of the AZ valley are annoying for 5 months out of the year.

The thing I miss the least of So Cal is all of the miserable people who inhabit that place. It's hard to find anyone there who is genuine and a decent person. It always feels like everyone is so angry there and is looking to take it out on you. In fact, it felt like being nice over there just made you an easy target for these people. They don't respect or even like nice people unless you are somehow valuable to them.

In AZ, people are much more genuine and laid back. There is no rat race, no road rage, and people seem to be who they project. That's the best thing about this place.
This ^ Spot on

Old 05-31-2017, 03:10 PM

39 posts, read 51,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJD View Post
This. Lots of LA is nasty as can be.

Irvine is one of the few SoCal cities that reminds me of a clean Phoenix suburb.
^ Spot on. We just moved here from Baker Ranch/Lake Forest. 50+ years in the OC. GLAD to be gone.

Old 08-17-2017, 03:26 PM

287 posts, read 896,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Id say you are rather normal in your wants and wishes. PHX has a huge turnaround rate, mainly because people grow tired of the heat. There's a term for those people, we call em "halfbacks". They leave a cold climate, move somewhere warm/hot, then after awhile they retreat halfway back to someplace in between.
I'm pretty much a native of Phoenix at this point, since I've been here since 1981 LOL

Old 08-17-2017, 08:49 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
I thought it odd how AZ calls it MDV. I think we're the only state to do so. Everywhere else Ive lived it was DMV.
NM calls it that too.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:55 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
https://www.azdot.gov/mobile/media/b...-and-not-a-dmv
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area