Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2017, 12:04 PM

163 posts, read 664,561 times

Advertisements

Several years ago I visited PHX and hiked a mountain trail that overlooked the city. I'm going back to PHX later this year and would like to revisit the same park but can't remember the name. I remember there was a gazebo/covered area with stone steps not far off the trail. After some internet digging, I looked up Echo Canyon Recreation Area on Google maps and even watched some YouTube videos of people hiking up from Echo Canyon. The parking and restroom area looks very familiar, but I don't see a gazebo on any of the videos. There appears to be a structure on the satellite image along the trail, but I can't zoom in close enough to tell if that's it.

So long story short . . . do any of the trails from Echo Canyon Rec Area have a gazebo? Any pointers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 12:13 PM

163 posts, read 664,561 times
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

I think this may be it (from Trip Advisor's Echo Canyon page), but I'm not sure where this is in relation to the parking area.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:15 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
I haven't used the Echo Canyon side in at least a decade, but I believe there used to be a gazebo-thing there? They revamped the lot years ago, perhaps they might have torn it down? Use the Cholla Trail side. Parking is far better, even though it requires a bit of a walk to get to the trailhead.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:16 PM

6,753 posts, read 5,056,845 times
Yes, the parking area was expanded a few years ago, so it will look different today if your visit was prior to the expansion.

Parking on that side tends to be challenging. If you're there on a weekend when the weather is nice I would not plan on parking, but instead get dropped off at the bottom of the steep entrance driveway. I can't comment on weekday parking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: