Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 02:05 PM

63 posts, read 100,335 times

Advertisements

someone told that the HOA's in san tan valley are very strict and also in queen creek.
i would like to know is this true and maybe an example of how strict.
thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 02:25 PM

6 posts, read 15,571 times
I heard the same thing, but that is all the more reason to buy a house that isn't in an HOA. Lots in Queen Creek like that!

Old 05-30-2017, 04:00 PM

43 posts, read 44,185 times
I'm sure the HOA is a personal preference. I have lived in both [non HOA vs HOA]

We are in STV, and like it very much. I like being further away from the "city". Don't commute, so that makes it even easier.

Open spaces, farms, people have been great. The HOA hard to say, just how strict it is were I am at, but moved here because, we like the "standards" of the well kept neighborhood.

The area from which we moved, had become a parking lot of boats, motor homes, old vehicles, on side yards. Dead landscaping, and on and on. It wasn't a cheap neighborhood, but had become really crappy looking, over the years. I don't miss that.

G/L

Old 05-30-2017, 04:27 PM

bdarkness, thank you for your in put.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:35 PM

mybad1, thank you also for your opinion. we actually dont mind living on the out skirts of the big city or living in a smaller city city than phoenix. we were told that car/truck had to be parked inside the garage and to keep garage door shut, and
parking on the street is just a short time. plus many other goofy rules.
as i mentioned, i do not know for sure if this is true. we also like a decent neighbor hood but some restrictions are just
to much.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:44 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Every HOA, in every area, has different rules. You need to look at the individual C C & R's for any subdivision you are interested in. Or, as others suggest, buy outside an HOA.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:46 PM

observer53, thanks for the info. as mentioned, someone did tell me that the HOA in queen creek are pretty much the same but san tan valley maybe a little different.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:45 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,057,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davder View Post
observer53, thanks for the info. as mentioned, someone did tell me that the HOA in queen creek are pretty much the same but san tan valley maybe a little different.
The location, whether Queen Creek or San Tan Valley or Buckeye has NOTHING to do with how strict it may be. The rules are the rules. You need to read them for whatever community you are considering. What may vary is the management company and the board members, and how prudent they are about enforcing the rules. You should ALWAYS attend the association meetings, and if you are unhappy with the way things are being done, then get involved instead of just complaining about them.

Old 05-31-2017, 06:28 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,917,814 times
as someone who just bought a home the other day, and has reviewed many C C &R's, I can tell you that almost every HOA I read didn't allow on street parking for extended periods, and garage doors have to be kept closed, and all the other things you said were a big annoying to you..
and, as others have said, unless you live somewhere, with no HOA, which isnt very prevalent here,(cave creek comes to mind), then you have to expect similar restrictions..
but, just like AZ Tracy just said, if you want to work to change some of the most obnoxious rules, then go to the meetings and get involved..
Thats what I plan on doing as soon as we move it!

Old 05-31-2017, 07:02 PM

thank all of you for your opinion and advice, i appreciate it and looks like we have a lot of home work to do,
again, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area