Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 12:34 PM

21 posts, read 70,787 times

Advertisements

I just accepted a job in Scottsdale AZ. I am single guy (late 30s) not into the night life scene! I like the quieter life I am an avid golfer!

Anyway I need to find a nice furnished apartment to live in for the first 6 months to year. I only need a 1 bedroom. Can anyone tell me about a good, safe apartment place to live in?
Can anyone telll me anything I should look out for?

Thanks to all the reply!

Last edited by SpeedyAZ; 03-10-2008 at 05:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 03:51 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,208,992 times
What part of Scottsdale? Do you have an address for your employer or nearby intersection? Depending where your job is, the part of town I live in sounds like it would be right up your alley. Northern Scottsdale/northern Phoenix say areas like Kierland.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:55 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmen View Post
I just accepted a job in Scottsdale AZ. I am single guy (late 30s) not into the night life scene! I like the quieter life I am an avid golfer!

Anyway I need to find a nice furnished apartment to live in for the first 6 months to year. I only need a 1 bedroom. Can anyone tell me about a good, safe apartment place to live in?
Can anyone telll me anything I should look out for?

Thanks to all the reply!
Condominiums tend to be easier to find as furnished rentals, some of them for a pretty decent price. There are a lot of options in Scottsdale. I try to keep tabs on what's going on in real estate (both rental and sales), and there never seems to be a shortage of condominium rentals available due to the seasonal nature of the area.

I noticed some nice furnished rentals at Troon North and Grayhawk, both great places. I think I also spotted a DC Ranch condo not that long ago, plus one or two around Kierland as well. All of these areas are winners, but it depends how far you want to drive to work. I live in the Kierland community and enjoy the area a lot. I'm not into nightlife but I enjoy happy hour and eating dinner out. As a city guy, I don't like to get in the car (old habits die hard) and where I live, I can eat out and have cocktails at more restaurants than I can count, without having to get in the car. For me, that's the biggest quality of life factor, and I have a great quality of life. Upscale area too (that goes for all the ones I mentioned).

Old 03-10-2008, 11:32 PM

401 posts, read 2,605,130 times
As I said to another poster on another thread, check out rent.com and you can find hundreds of apartments in whatever city you are interested in and within X number of miles from the zip code you want to be closest to

Old 03-11-2008, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
What part of Scottsdale? Do you have an address for your employer or nearby intersection? Depending where your job is, the part of town I live in sounds like it would be right up your alley. Northern Scottsdale/northern Phoenix say areas like Kierland.
I think the office is located on E. Shea Blvd? in Scottsdale.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:49 AM

Here are some of the apartments I looked at to get you started, none of which would be more than say a 10-15 minute commute give or take from most points of Shea in Scottsdale. I just moved here in September and the area I focused on was basically Shea north to the 101 (say a distance of 4-5 miles). Not sure if all these offer furnished, but you can find out either on their website or give them a call. And there is always Ikea in Tempe for short term furnishings, or I am sure there have to be some companies which rent furnishings?

1) Camden San Paloma: This is at Shea and Scottsdale Rd.
2) Legends or Traditions (there may be a third but name escapes me): This is in Kierland at Greenway and Scottsdale.
3) Shade: This is at Tatum & the 101 by Desert Ridge.
4) Alexan Frank Lloyd Wright: This is at 90 something'th and Frank Lloyd Wright.
5) Desert Parks Vista: This is in DC Ranch.
6) Dakota at McDowell Mt Ranch: This is in McDowell Mt Ranch.
7) Pillar at Scottsdale: This is right on Scottsdale Rd near Kierland.
8) Greenspoint: This is at 42nd & Cactus, just a tad west of Tatum near Paradise Valley Mall. Seemed ok but not where I wanted to live.
9) Desert Club. This is where I live. ;-) By Princess & Scottsdale Rd.

These are ones I didnt personally look at, but their websites say they have furnished available. These would all be in the same distance range I gave you and nice neighborhoods.
1) San Antigua in McCormick Ranch: These are right next door to where my niece lives and look really nice. The website says they have furnished available.
2) Broadstone Scottsdale: Didn't actually visit these but they look nice on the website and says they have furnished available. Like 92nd & Raintree.
3) Montierra: I drive past these on my way to work. Their website says furnished available. At Scottsdale & Mt. View, just a mile or so south of Shea.
4) Crown Court: Hayden & Princess. Their website says furnished available.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:56 AM

PS If you go to one of the online find a rental sites, use these ZIPS, all of which will put you in a reasonable distance:
Far eastern pieces of 85032

Old 03-11-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
PS If you go to one of the online find a rental sites, use these ZIPS, all of which will put you in a reasonable distance:
Far eastern pieces of 85032
Thanks a lot Cowboy! That is great information I will start looking now, thanks again!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:46 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmen View Post
I think the office is located on E. Shea Blvd? in Scottsdale.
There are TONS of rental condos and apartments listed in North Scottdale, many of which have golf courses. Kierland has a bunch of condos and apartments, DC ranch, Troon North, Grayhawk. Anywhere north of Shea in Scottsdale is going to be pretty nice and newer. South of Shea is beautiful as well (pretty much all of Scottsdale is nice). McCormick Ranch and Gainey Ranch are beautiful but I associate them--right or wrong--with the fifty-something and up crowd. That's probably not totally true, it just seems that it is always who I see around there. For me that would be no problem, but for some people it would be. Furnished rentals always show up there.

Any real estate site that lists MLS rental properties will have mostly the same listings, so you could use just about anything. Plus there are ample rental apartments. I found it less common to have furnished apartments, whereas a lot of condos seem to be furnished. In fact, when I first moved here, I had a hard time finding a condo for rent, that I liked, which wasn't furnished. But my areas were very targeted and tend to cater to vacationers so that makes sense.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:52 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Unlike the others, I think you might do better farther south, like along Camelback. It's more central, and gives you an easy direct line west or south. I think when you go much further north, it's a bit isolating.

Also, despite some of the odd posts, there's no contraction with "condo" vs. "furnished rentals." Condos can be furnished rentals, or not. Also, if you're from New Jersey, you might notice an odd regional difference. People in Phoenix use the word "condo" to denote architecture, whereas it's really a type of ownership.

Anyway, I just thought I'd add the names of some realtors I've run across in the last few years. I don't think you discussed your budget, but you can see if they'd have short-term rentals in your range.

Cirrus Realty, Brenda Smith 480-970-0079
Desert Realty, Jim Borst 602-697-9324
Remax, Mackey Martin 480-941-3779
CLA Realty, Colleen Lynch 480-767-5611

I know there's a place that specializes in apartments, but I can't think of the name (it's called something obvious like Apartment Rentals) - in Scottsdale just south of the Vidal Sassoon salon.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area