Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 10:33 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times

Advertisements

Perryville does not occupy any major intersections, especially for buckeye which would be Watson and Miller off the I-10 and Verrado Way for Verado and a couple adjacent communities South of 10.

You see no more prison lights from Verrado than you see lights from Westgate, downtown or any other lower part of the metro. Even then, the valley views are more limited to less developed or higher placed areas. I've never once been driving around Verrado and been like "there are those darn Perryville lights again". I spend a tin of time in Verrado and that is ridiculous.

I'm not a huge fan of Buckeye and I would question someone who likes it there for lower traffic/rural feel and then touts growth rate - the town is being filled with small lot tract homes, Miller/Watson do get fairly congested. As the place continues to grow it will look more like the rest off Phoenix, just more on the edge

It is like my family that moved to fountain hills because Tucson was getting too big - things do change
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 12:11 PM

394 posts, read 343,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
The only thing not accurate is that the prison is immediately adjacent to Buckeye, not in Buckeye but that's not really an issue as the point still stands. All of those new houses in Verrado have views of prison lights at night and Buckeye is right across the street from it. BTW Buckeye has a couple prisons within it's borders as well (not even counting perryville which is on the town borders), pretty sure Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler and Gilbert have 0.0 combined despite being much more established areas. Buckeye is just not as nice objectively speaking.
its subjective for sure (not objective)...

I find it interesting that you touted Goodyear and dismissed Buckeye due to a prison (when the prison is in Goodyear)...

The prison isn't an issue to either community as far as residential living...

The other prison you reference isn't anywhere near residential communities (or anything else actually)...

Old 07-06-2017, 12:17 PM

394 posts, read 343,108 times
*snip for brevity*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
I'm not a huge fan of Buckeye and I would question someone who likes it there for lower traffic/rural feel and then touts growth rate - the town is being filled with small lot tract homes, Miller/Watson do get fairly congested. As the place continues to grow it will look more like the rest off Phoenix, just more on the edge

It is like my family that moved to fountain hills because Tucson was getting too big - things do change
you got it backwards... I didn't move there because of the growth and in fact stated the opposite (see below).

*sfb*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Rookie View Post
I'm disappointed that it's growing so fast - one of the main reasons I bought there was to get away from congestion (that's why I skipped Surprise and Goodyear)... I like the rural feel, buts that going away (unfortunately).
I mentioned it's growth in relation to asufans comments...

Old 07-06-2017, 12:50 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
Yeah. I know you bought it for being remote, I did miss your comment about being disappointed by the growth though. It's changed a lot in the past decade plus and more changes are coming.

The parts of Buckeye I do like are centered on the old area. A couple good restaurants on the main street, the rise of arena, some good parks and outdoor activities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area