Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 01:56 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,323,427 times

Advertisements

One thing that I have noticed when orders ship via UPS Ground is that they ship out of atypical fulfillment centers. My last two Amazon Prime orders that shipped via UPS Ground shipped out of Reno, NV and somewhere in the San Diego, CA area. I don't typically get items from those fulfillment centers; most of my Prime items that use ground shipping either come from the local fulfillment centers or the Inland Empire of CA, with occasional shipments from the San Francisco Bay Area, and recently two fulfillment centers in Texas, and these go via Amazon's linehaul network to the PHX8 Sortation Center (or directly to the DPX3 Delivery Station in the cases of the local fulfillment centers and the ONT6 fulfillment center in Moreno Valley, CA when shipped via Amazon Logistics) to be sorted and delivered either by Amazon Logistics or the USPS.

Note that the San Diego, CA area fulfillment center is fairly new, so perhaps Amazon may have not yet started a ground linehaul route from that fulfillment center to PHX8 at the time I placed my order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 10:01 PM

770 posts, read 836,543 times
I can't imagine being this obsessed with something that has zero impact on your life. As long as I receive my merchandise when promised I give zero ****s who delivers it.

Old 12-13-2017, 12:24 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,313 times
^^^^^^^I don't care who or where my order ships from as long as I get it when I'm supposed to.

Old 12-13-2017, 03:13 PM

4,068 posts, read 5,138,339 times
Remember when you had to wait 6-8 weeks for processing? Just saying.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:34 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,471,538 times
UPS this morning because they were late on the Prime delivery, back ordered product.

Old 12-16-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
UPS this morning because they were late on the Prime delivery, back ordered product.
I have gotten UPS Next Day Air before on backordered products in the past. UPS Ground though is becoming a rarity; it seems that my UPS Ground Prime shipments tend to ship from atypical fulfillment centers, most recently Reno and San Diego.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:31 PM

153 posts, read 317,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
My last package was delivered by a guy in a beat up sedan smoking a cigarette. No biggie but I rarely get UPS/FedEx these days.
That's a tell-tale sign of independent contractors. Paid by the package. Much like Uber's package delivery service. Amazon uses Lasership almost exclusively in the NYC area and that's very common. It's actually worrysome to me but they're all about cutting costs.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigDwiki View Post
That's a tell-tale sign of independent contractors. Paid by the package. Much like Uber's package delivery service. Amazon uses Lasership almost exclusively in the NYC area and that's very common. It's actually worrysome to me but they're all about cutting costs.
I wonder how much is their rate with Amazon. From what I heard, Amazon's last mile deal with the USPS averages about $2 for a small package, vs. an average of $7 for a small package with UPS Ground and $8 for a small package with FedEx Ground/Home Delivery.

Old 12-22-2017, 05:32 PM

FYI, Amazon has recently opened a Delivery Station for Amazon Logistics in Glendale, ZPX1. From what I heard, Amazon plans on closing the Logistics operation out of the Sky Harbor Delivery Station (DPX1) and using it exclusively for Prime Now. That will leave the Valley with Chandler (DPX3), Tolleson (DPX2), and Glendale (ZPX1).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area