Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 11:31 AM

2,448 posts, read 2,582,920 times

Advertisements

I'm in Chandler and go to the mall every few months.
I hate buying clothes online. I'm petite, so I have to try things on before I buy. Plus, I like to feel the quality of the fabric and check the stitching. I can't do that online. I'll go to Macy's or Dillard's and shop their sales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 12:01 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,915,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
I've only been to Arrowhead mall in Glendale and Arizona Mills in Tempe. What other malls are there besides Fiesta Mall and Chander Fashion Center? Honestly, I didn't find Arrowhead mall that impressive, it's just like any other mall in the US. It was busy though.
Our most impressive mall is without a doubt Scottsdale Fashion Square.

Arrowhead is just a middle class generic mall. Chandler is 1/2 step nicer.

Old 07-08-2017, 12:58 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,493,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
I've only been to Arrowhead mall in Glendale and Arizona Mills in Tempe. What other malls are there besides Fiesta Mall and Chander Fashion Center? Honestly, I didn't find Arrowhead mall that impressive, it's just like any other mall in the US. It was busy though.
The traditional indoor malls that we still have in the valley are: Paradise Valley Mall, Metrocenter, ChrisTown Mall (like 30% of the original building still exists, the rest was demolished and rebuilt as a power center), Desert Sky Mall, Arrowhead Mall, Scottsdale Fashion Square, Fiesta Mall, Superstition Springs Mall, Arizona Mills Mall and Chandler Fashion Center

Old 07-08-2017, 01:11 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,242,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
This is a bit of an exaggeration? Chandler Mall is out of Fiesta/Mills/Metro/Christowns league. It would have to fall to Arrowhead before it got anywhere near Fiesta.
Not saying it is Fiesta Mall. I'm just seeing the rapid decline. At one point, it felt like an upscale mall just a tad below Scottsdale Fashion Square.

What people aren't talking about is how San Tan Village has slowly risen and quietly overtaken Chandler Fashion Square as a more upscale shopping destination.

After Scottsdale Fashion Square, you could argue San Tan Village is probably #2 now

Old 07-08-2017, 01:17 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,242,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belgirl View Post
Yeah, I guess mall management raised the lease rates and most of the stores you mentioned thought it was too expensive- so they left. Alot of gangbangers in that mall as of late as well. (Mostly in the evening)
That was a horrible business decision. As a result of losing those stores, they lost a lot of "PAYING" customers (ie adults with money) as opposed to teens and gangbangers that frequent the mall now.

Old 07-08-2017, 02:44 PM

7,310 posts, read 12,250,593 times
For comparison, SanTan Village has higher occupancy levels than Chandler Fashion Center, but has lower sales per square foot at $522.

Old 07-08-2017, 02:50 PM

9,189 posts, read 16,577,748 times
I don't think it can fully be attributed to the Amazon impact, although I rarely go to malls. Scottsdale Fashion Square is bustling and is expanding. Bucking the trend: Scottsdale Fashion Square eyes million-dollar expansion | Scottsdale Independent

Old 07-08-2017, 04:19 PM

525 posts, read 535,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
That was a horrible business decision. As a result of losing those stores, they lost a lot of "PAYING" customers (ie adults with money) as opposed to teens and gangbangers that frequent the mall now.
Totally agree.

Old 07-08-2017, 05:23 PM

4,619 posts, read 9,242,523 times
I rarely ever go to the mall but I do enjoy the restaurants around the outside of the mall regularly and the parking lot is always packed. I think if anything other than e-commerce is hurting the mall it's the competition from other malls as well as nearby upscale shopping centers like Casa Paloma and the fairly new Phoenix Premium Outlets on the Chandler border with shops like Armani, Coach, banana republic, Michael Kors, Guess, J Crew, Polo, Saks fifth avenue, Tommy Bahama, Tommy Hilfiger, etc. Some of these the OP mentioned as closing but didn't mention they opened new locations a few miles down the road here.

Something that will help the mall is all the new luxury high density residential that is in various stages of construction at the mall which will attract many more millennials with disposable income, but like I said the mall isn't nearly dead. Ride along with me as I circle around the lot looking for a spot when I go to dinner and you'll see

Old 07-09-2017, 07:29 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,933,842 times
Well commercial property near the Chandler mall is still fetchin big bucks
Quote:
Chandler Panera Bread sale sets records for national chain

Quote:
The $4,315,000 sale of a recently built Panera Bread in Chandler set a national record for the highest sale price, highest price per square foot and lowest cap rate for the chain, according to brokers who worked on the deal.

WINLEE Development sold the net-leased property located at 3141 W. Frye Rd., Chandler to a private investor, whose identity was not disclosed. The Panera bread is located at the Chandler Viridian PRIMEGATE Fashion Center Project, a 24,000-square-foot, 25-acre mixed-use project.
they paid a lot of dough so they could sell dough :}
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area