U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:45 PM

6 posts, read 22,352 times
Exclamation moving to Peoria.Bad areas?

We are moving to Peoria from Oregon.Any declining neighborhoods we should stay away fromIs Peoria a good move
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 10:41 PM

264 posts, read 709,827 times
Visit first? Word of mouth can only really do so much.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:45 PM

3,632 posts, read 10,774,352 times
Stay NORTH of Union Hills and you'll be living GREAT!!

Old 03-13-2008, 07:35 AM

611 posts, read 1,285,989 times
We stayed near Westwing mountain in a rental and it was a very nice area. Prices in that area are dropping monthly. You'll add ten minutes to a commute into Phoenix but it's all new and there are plenty of stores in the area. I'm waiting for prices to stabilize and will buy either there or Surprise.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:42 AM

8,414 posts, read 10,414,772 times
I agree with Sable...stay above Union Hills. Plenty of spots to choose from and this is a very nice city. We live up in Vistancia and right now there are over 130 ++ homes for sale and 50 are in foreclosure. The deals are being snatched up by folks, so those are starting to move.
Shea Homes has one lot left in the Desert Trails subdivision and two left in Saguaro Crossings. I heard that Ashton Woods was also almost sold out. So, in a nut shell, the new builds are moving and there will be no more after this phase is sold out. West Wing is very nice as is Sonoran Mountain Ranch. Fletcher Heights is also a decent neighborhood to look in and it is right in the middle of the commercial zone, close to shopping. Best of luck

Old 03-13-2008, 10:01 AM

599 posts, read 1,529,455 times
Welcome soon to Peoria!

Peoria is definitely a good move. It's a very nice city and has one of the best school districts in the Phoenix area. Most schools are "excelling" which is the top of AZ's scale. I cannot think of any bad areas in Peoria to stay away from. The further north you go in Peoria, the newer it is. I think this is why Sablebaby suggested living north of Union Hills. Peoria is continuing to grow even in the current housing market. It has slowed from the boom frenzy, but all of the US have been affected. Development is still going strong too with expansion of roads and opening of stores and restaurants almost every day. Just take a drive along Lake Pleasant Parkway, and you'll see what I mean.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I agree with Sable...stay above Union Hills. Plenty of spots to choose from and this is a very nice city. We live up in Vistancia and right now there are over 130 ++ homes for sale and 50 are in foreclosure. The deals are being snatched up by folks, so those are starting to move.
Shea Homes has one lot left in the Desert Trails subdivision and two left in Saguaro Crossings. I heard that Ashton Woods was also almost sold out. So, in a nut shell, the new builds are moving and there will be no more after this phase is sold out. West Wing is very nice as is Sonoran Mountain Ranch. Fletcher Heights is also a decent neighborhood to look in and it is right in the middle of the commercial zone, close to shopping. Best of luck
To help those know who are unfamiliar with Vistancia, "Desert Trails" and "Saguaro Crossings" are neighborhood section names within Vistancia Village. They are not separate community development names like Fletcher Heights, Westwing, and Vistancia are. Just kindly sharing that so that new folks don't spin their wheels trying to search the internet for a subdivision named "Desert Trails".

Also, the numbers mentioned are not large numbers when comparing how many homes there are in all of Vistancia because it is a very large master planned community. Due to market slowdown, all areas around Phoenix have been affected by the investors and bad loans. Motleycrew, I know you were just letting others know there are homes available here. I just wanted to kindly add to your comment by letting people know that Vistancia is a "solid" development that is continuing to grow with new stores, restaurants, offices, roads, and homes. Anyone driving through Vistancia will see that.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:56 AM

8,414 posts, read 10,414,772 times
Thank you for the clarification. We think Vistancia is a great place to live.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:16 PM

6 posts, read 22,352 times
We are first time home buyers, and have heard a lot about people having to get out of their loans.Do you think it is because it is a bad loan, or are ''people bitting off more then they can chew''!

Old 03-14-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia Arguelles View Post
We are first time home buyers, and have heard a lot about people having to get out of their loans.Do you think it is because it is a bad loan, or are ''people bitting off more then they can chew''!
Both. This is a true not just in AZ, but all over the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area