Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2017, 10:14 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
There were reports from reputable observers (including a Tempe city councilman) that the police used tear gas without ever first ordering people to disperse. Throwing water bottles (yes, there was a report of rocks) wasn't much provocation, and could have been met with a more measured response.

We will see what the investigation shows. It's a good thing to review how these matters are handled. He will be back, after all, if the "campaign" continues to 2020.
I heard a quick audio on KTAR this AM of one of their reporters who was inside trying to leave when they were hit with gas. It was a short clip, but he seemed to be completely caught off guard.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:16 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
There were reports from reputable observers (including a Tempe city councilman) that the police used tear gas without ever first ordering people to disperse. Throwing water bottles (yes, there was a report of rocks) wasn't much provocation, and could have been met with a more measured response.

We will see what the investigation shows. It's a good thing to review how these matters are handled. He will be back, after all, if the "campaign" continues to 2020.
Can we toss bottles and rocks (and reportedly a bottle of gas) at you and see what your response is?
Now if they (the Police) had been firing live ammo or beating people with batons you might have a point. I'd also like to know what the track record of that Tempe Councilman is before I'd believe anything he said.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:19 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I heard a quick audio on KTAR this AM of one of their reporters who was inside trying to leave when they were hit with gas. It was a short clip, but he seemed to be completely caught off guard.
C/S gas floats on air and so it's not like it can be contained in a neat little box. Anywhere in the area where the breeze blows you could get a whiff.
The risks you take going to an event where violence is possible I guess...

Old 08-23-2017, 10:40 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
What about the paid Trump supporters who sit directly behind Trump? I think I saw the same man several rallies ago.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:45 AM

6,341 posts, read 14,687,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
I guess she (after getting hit) had to find out the hard way that the Phoenix PD wasn't going to wait around like those in Berkley or Charlottesville.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbfoGYhuNF0
This might be the scariest attitude I've seen expressed so far. Much scarier than "nazis" or "Antifa" being present in Phoenix. Shooting someone in the nads with a pepper beanbag is against police protocol because it can kill them *and* because the police aren't there to torture dissidents.

Whomever took that shot (if it was intentionally placed there) broke the law while wearing a badge.

Tossing a teargas canister (by hand) back at the person who propelled it at you with a gun is, in my view - appropriate. The only reason police are allowed to use teargas is because it's "harmless".

Think about cops intentionally shooting people in the crotch - not during a trump rally, but maybe at a meeting of the (aptly named) corporation commission, or the council when they do a taxpayer giveaway & you might like to protest that. There are times in a democracy when normal, reasonable people need to show up & face their government to protest an imminent wrong. If the cops are allowed to shoot you in the junk for that, then they can only blame themselves when protesters get even more violent.

Old 08-23-2017, 11:39 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
This might be the scariest attitude I've seen expressed so far. Much scarier than "nazis" or "Antifa" being present in Phoenix. Shooting someone in the nads with a pepper beanbag is against police protocol because it can kill them *and* because the police aren't there to torture dissidents.

Whomever took that shot (if it was intentionally placed there) broke the law while wearing a badge.

Tossing a teargas canister (by hand) back at the person who propelled it at you with a gun is, in my view - appropriate. The only reason police are allowed to use teargas is because it's "harmless".

Think about cops intentionally shooting people in the crotch - not during a trump rally, but maybe at a meeting of the (aptly named) corporation commission, or the council when they do a taxpayer giveaway & you might like to protest that. There are times in a democracy when normal, reasonable people need to show up & face their government to protest an imminent wrong. If the cops are allowed to shoot you in the junk for that, then they can only blame themselves when protesters get even more violent.

I have to disagree with you on the bolded. Try doing this in any city at a police officer and I'm sure 9/10 times you'll get the same results. You cannot kick or throw any object at an officer especially at any of these types or rallies. After what's happened at previous rallies I think the PD handled this well. I don't care which side of the political spectrum you're on (not you personally) if you go to these types of events,especially now,you need to be prepared for these things to happen. These aren't the protest from to 60's where everyone was somewhat peaceful and you'd only have a handful of outburst.

I highly doubt the officer intentionally shot the dude in the cookies on purpose. With all that's going on around them he probably saw someone kicking the canister back towards them and took aim through a cloud of teargas and shot them. Now if these were real bullets I'd hope he'd have waited for a clearer shot. These trouble makers who attend these event have to realize if you're going to do stupid things like kicking a teargas canister back at a cop then you're also going to suffer the consequences which in his case was a beanbag shot in the cookies!

Old 08-23-2017, 11:53 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Yes it is the Group is supported by George Soros. Soros has also funded BLM and may hate groups around the world. These paid thugs have been assaulting around the country ,UC Berkley is a good example.

Bombshell Connection Between Charlottesville, Soros, CIA - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L58T2dl997A
Aug 15, 2017 - Uploaded by The Alex Jones Channel
Soros-funded NGO's have been a... ... while it was Clearly Antifa & BLM that was Bussed in & Paid by ...

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 08-24-2017 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: Cleaned up URL garbage

Old 08-23-2017, 12:11 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,140,212 times
You will never ever persuade anyone or change anyones opinion by linking to The Alex Jones Channel.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:44 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,687,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
I have to disagree with you on the bolded. Try doing this in any city at a police officer and I'm sure 9/10 times you'll get the same results. You cannot kick or throw any object at an officer especially at any of these types or rallies. After what's happened at previous rallies I think the PD handled this well. I don't care which side of the political spectrum you're on (not you personally) if you go to these types of events,especially now,you need to be prepared for these things to happen. These aren't the protest from to 60's where everyone was somewhat peaceful and you'd only have a handful of outburst.

I highly doubt the officer intentionally shot the dude in the cookies on purpose. With all that's going on around them he probably saw someone kicking the canister back towards them and took aim through a cloud of teargas and shot them. Now if these were real bullets I'd hope he'd have waited for a clearer shot. These trouble makers who attend these event have to realize if you're going to do stupid things like kicking a teargas canister back at a cop then you're also going to suffer the consequences which in his case was a beanbag shot in the cookies!
That's my exact point - if you're cheering because someone got shot in the junk, you're glorifying cops intentionally breaking the law. Which is fine until you're the one the government would like to suppress.

I'd personally be strongly in favor of eliminating all forms of "non lethal" force by the police because "non lethal" force gets used way too much & on the wrong people. And "non lethal" force is pretty commonly used as a form of torture by law enforcement. Law enforcement isn't lawfully *allowed* to torture people & teargas, tasers, rubber bullets, sound & water cannons & pepper spray are frequently used for *specifically* that purpose. Shoot a cop in the junk with a pepper beanbag & see if you don't get a bullet in return (and rightfully so). Not sure when "civilians" had their rights relegated below those of a "peace" officer.

As for tossing teargas back - I doubt we'll ever agree on this, but understand that it's only lawful to use teargas because of it's "harmless" reputation in the government- if it's truly "harmless", then tossing it back by hand isn't using deadly force (which gives officers the right to respond with deadly force). You're just returning some delicious, nutritious, harmless teargas to someone wearing a protective mask. If teargas is harmful and dangerous, then the government has no right to use it against their own people.

Again- I'm just pointing out that it's only a matter of time before the government does something you might like to protest & if we allow the government to act contrary to law for those we disagree with, the torture that comes *your* way is your own fault.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:45 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,147,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post

I am sure it was just a poorly aimed shot...and no, throwing a tear gas canister back at a police officer is a crime, i.e. Assaulting a Police Officer. Big difference is: the police officer is out there doing their job. The protester is the subject of their crowd dispersion techniques. Throwing water bottles and rocks at police officers would fall under the same law. Stop trying to hurt the people ALL of the taxpayers are paying to keep us safe.

Once these "dissidents" and "alt-right" people stop acting like a bunch of over grown children, maybe the adults can figure out a way to bring the country together. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area