Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 01:38 PM

2,375 posts, read 2,706,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodasan View Post
I visited Phoenix, AZ last week. It was a really beautiful and clean city. I love Phoenix!

However, I am most curious about one thing after visiting Phoenix. I passed by a Circle K (located at around the downtown area) at night on Friday. I really wonder why there are so many teenagers and cars at Phoenix's Circle K store? It looked really crowded around a Circle K store. What are they doing there? Is there any special thing at Phoenix Circle K?

Maybe it's the natural result of when you have a sprawling city and no one has given any thought to places for kids to congregate, like the movies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 09:43 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I don’t understand the desire to go inside a gas station. This topic has made me realize just how long it’s been since I’ve stepped foot inside one of these places.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
That was my reaction as well.

Because the convenience stores that sell gas are not just "gas stations". There are virtually no "gas stations" left. I don't always just want gasoline when I stop there, (QT, for instance, has some quite good food items, and a wide assortment of drink choices) and I don't always use a credit/debit card for gas, either. I guess I'm not as "uppity" as the two of you sound here.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:51 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Because the convenience stores that sell gas are not just "gas stations". There are virtually no "gas stations" left. I don't always just want gasoline when I stop there, (QT, for instance, has some quite good food items, and a wide assortment of drink choices) and I don't always use a credit/debit card for gas, either. I guess I'm not as "uppity" as the two of you sound here.
I was thinking the same thing. I have not been inside a "gas station" in years, either. A gas station has a place to pay for your gas and that's pretty much it. They might sell oil and maybe they have a pop machine.

QT has all kinds of drinks and snacks, beer/wine, cold sandwiches and salads, and a counter for made to order food. Also, lottery tickets and clean bathrooms!

Old 10-16-2017, 10:30 AM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times
QT unfortunately has been buying used Gilbarco Encore 300 pumps to replace their older Tokheim pumps at some of their older stations. Circle K on the other hand has been buying brand new Gilbarco Encore 700 S pumps. The exception are the gas/diesel islands, which got the slightly newer Gilbarco Encore S pumps (the generation after the Encore 300, but before the Encore 700 S). It appears that at some stations they might be soon be adding diesel to where they didn't have it previously.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:03 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,138,335 times
Gas pump rainman strikes again.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:39 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,332,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
QT unfortunately has been buying used Gilbarco Encore 300 pumps to replace their older Tokheim pumps at some of their older stations. Circle K on the other hand has been buying brand new Gilbarco Encore 700 S pumps. The exception are the gas/diesel islands, which got the slightly newer Gilbarco Encore S pumps (the generation after the Encore 300, but before the Encore 700 S). It appears that at some stations they might be soon be adding diesel to where they didn't have it previously.
And QT has Top Tier gas and Circle K does not. I don't give a crap about the gas pump the gas comes out of, I give a crap about the gas.

QT it is.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:49 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post
And QT has Top Tier gas and Circle K does not. I don't give a crap about the gas pump the gas comes out of, I give a crap about the gas.

QT it is.
Well you should, because older pumps are easier to hack with credit card skimmers. The Gilbarco Encore 700 S will shut off if it loses communication with its credit card reader.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:07 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Quote:
Well you should, because older pumps are easier to hack with credit card skimmers. The Gilbarco Encore 700 S will shut off if it loses communication with its credit card reader.
Who cares? That’s the card issuers’ problem.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:11 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,332,726 times
Quote:
I do not care.

Steal my card and in a day I'll call to cancel it and have a new one within a week. I check my accounts 3x per week. There's literally nothing that bothers me about that and it's why I don't even keep an active debit card. Credit Card fraud is nothing these days and has likely happened to anyone who buys stuff online too.

Old 10-17-2017, 05:46 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Actually, one on the busiest gas stations is Costco. They are the cheapest to start with, use the highest quality additives, and I get 4% back with my Costco credit card.

Gas is so competitively priced in suburbia. So after the stores credit card fees, stores often barely break even of lose a little. It's the convenience store aspect that keeps them in business. Most of the time, I do use the convenience store aspect. If it is early, I might get a coffee or a breakfast sandwich. If I am in a hurry and they have a built in sandwich shop, I will specifically stop at one of those locations to kill two birds with one stone.

Being a cheapskate, I can never understand who gasses up at Chevron? Sometimes, a Chevron can be close to 15 cents more a gallon and a Fry's or whoever often times are right across the street.

I will say my wife is infinitely more sensitive to gas station cleanliness. If the store is not kept up, normally the bathroom is the same way. So females care more because they have to sit 100% of the time. I suspect that is why the passion for store cleanliness exists more for some than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area