Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 05:14 PM

2 posts, read 11,916 times

Advertisements

Hi! I've never posted in a forum before but I have so many questions.

My boyfriend and I (no kids) really want to live in a tiny house, rv or fifth wheeler full time. We both work and go to school in the Phoenix area (currently living in north scottsdale) but from what I've read it's practically illegal to live in a mobile home out here when you're under 55 years of age. I've read the zoning ordinances. Basically we can't buy land and live in a temporary home that doesn't have a foundation. We can't live in someone else's backyard and pay them rent. But we can have one ADU on the same property as one single family residence. The only loopholes I've thought of are: live in someones backyard in exchange for services (yardwork, chipping in any way we can), paying cash only so there's no paper trail (this is not legal, but it's technically an option), and buying a home with a large backyard and renting out the main house while we live in the backyard. I like the last option the most because we could live in the main house while renovated the RV and then move in when it's ready..We are concerned about all the cost though.

I'm also concerned that not many people would be interested in living in a house where they don't have the backyard fully to themselves...I'm wondering if we could build a fence to separate the properties? Is that legal? Has anyone lived in an RV in phoenix who isn't 55+? We can't live in a rural area because of work and school.

Guys what do we do lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 06:58 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,967,960 times
No, but I called the pollice on a guy, who was living in his RV along a golf course in Phoenix. The police came in less than twenty minutes. Never saw him again. That is why they have RV parks. Where do you think your sewage is going to go?

Old 11-08-2017, 07:22 PM

2 posts, read 11,916 times
There aren't RV parks for anyone under 55 in Phoenix. Like I said we want to live on a residential property so we would try to connect to the main house's septic and plumbing.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:01 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,044,643 times
What you're proposing isn't legal, and I doubt you would find someone willing to do that on their property.

Look for someone who wants to rent out part of their house, a loft over the garage, or even a guest house on their property. It'll probably be cheaper than buying an RV, and more comfortable.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:04 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,519,039 times
Lots of people live in a motorhome full time, but not in the style you describe. Maybe you can check out some of the RV forums and ask the moderator to move this thread.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:47 PM

720 posts, read 733,642 times
Go to MYMHCOMMUNITY.com and search there or call the 800# there I don't think they're all for 55+ ?

Old 11-09-2017, 12:54 PM

4,068 posts, read 5,139,473 times
https://koa.com/campgrounds/mesa/extended-stays/

RV Park, Lots of New RVs.

Old 11-09-2017, 03:59 PM

4,596 posts, read 6,350,757 times
Start here: Workamper, then do a google search on workamping. Your quest is do-able, you will probably need to be in a rural atmosphere tho' for a private setting. I've done it in Show Low, Cochise county, and Pinal county. An RV park may make an exception to the 55+ rule, if you were workamping for the park. The rule of thumb is.... in exchange for a place to park your RV, and a water/power/sewer hookup provided by the park, you provide to the park, 20 hours of labor per week...of course this is negotiable. Labor could include groundskeeping, meter reading, IT work, front office, back office, accounting, maintenence.... what ever your strong suit is, or whatever the park requires.

Good Luck
Gemstone1

Old 11-10-2017, 08:54 AM

3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times
There's a fairground RV park that allows people of any age in Yavapai county east of Prescott.

Fairgrounds RV Park

Old 11-10-2017, 10:40 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,967,960 times
I can only imagine what diploma mill these folks attend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area