Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 10:17 PM

3,145 posts, read 2,658,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovetsky Medved View Post
Sometimes I even drive the posted speed limit in the far left lane "Just to be a douche"
I Revel in seeing Some one getting all butthurt. Because They have to go around me.
You can Squeal and moan all you want, There IS a posted Maximum Speed limit for a reason.
If your doing below that limit, then yes. I guess it would be the polite thing to do and move to the right lane.
But Im doing the "Maximum" Posted Speed Limit, NOTE The Words "Maximum" and "Limit"
And where does it state, That we are allowed to go over that limit and freely drive in the "So-Called" Fast lane.
If your doing 70Mph in a 65, Is that OK?
Why not just go all out and Drive 120 mph? WHY NOT? Where's the cut off point?
Because if were going to go with that mindset, That anyone driving slower should move to the right, Then everyone in the Left lane should have free pass, To just Drive whatever speed they feel like, Over the Posted Speed Limit.
I mainly stay in the middle lane, But Im doing anywhere from 60-65 depending on how I feel and if nobody likes it then they can go "Crash" and Die, One less retard in the world.

*sigh.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 12:05 AM

22 posts, read 23,021 times
Quote:
Sometimes I even drive the posted speed limit in the far left lane "Just to be a douche"
I Revel in seeing Some one getting all butthurt. Because They have to go around me.
You can Squeal and moan all you want, There IS a posted Maximum Speed limit for a reason.
If your doing below that limit, then yes. I guess it would be the polite thing to do and move to the right lane.
But Im doing the "Maximum" Posted Speed Limit, NOTE The Words "Maximum" and "Limit"
And where does it state, That we are allowed to go over that limit and freely drive in the "So-Called" Fast lane.
Because if were going to go with that mindset, That anyone driving slower should move to the right, Then everyone in the Left lane should have free pass, To just Drive whatever speed they feel like, Over the Posted Speed Limit.
I mainly stay in the middle lane, But Im doing anywhere from 60-65 depending on how I feel and if nobody likes it then they can go "Crash" and Die, One less retard in the world.
Yup.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:21 AM

13,707 posts, read 7,984,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I've been in the Valley for a couple of weeks now. I'm just about used to the fact that some drivers here do dangerous and stupid things. I drive defensively now.
I learned years ago to drive defensively at all times. Last summer in Az I noticed a number of times cars flew across the freeway lanes without signaling to exit. I couldn't believe how anyone could drive so dangerously.

I always go with the flow of traffic but not much more than 5 miles or so the speed limit. I've seen enough law enforcement vehicles monitoring traffic to be careful. Someone wants to blow by me doing 70-75in a 55 zone I get out of the way.

People just seem more stressed these days. Say I'm at a stop light and turns to green but I'm still looking at the GPS. O.k. beep lets go. I get it.

But is it really necessary to lean into the horn?

Some drivers are for whatever reason are already upset and the slightest thing sets them off.

Last edited by john3232; 01-04-2018 at 01:57 AM..

Old 01-04-2018, 01:49 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,261,067 times
Quote:
Cops will routinely allow you to go 10-12 miles over the speed limit on the freeway with no problem. If everyone else if doing just that and you're the guy going exactly the limit in the fast lane, you're not just being rude - you're being a traffic hazard.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:26 AM

13,707 posts, read 7,984,033 times
Quote:

O.K. but you do that enough and you're going to come across the wrong driver and the situation might easily escalate.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:08 AM

1,629 posts, read 2,628,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR13 View Post
Cops will routinely allow you to go 10-12 miles over the speed limit on the freeway with no problem. If everyone else if doing just that and you're the guy going exactly the limit in the fast lane, you're not just being rude - you're being a traffic hazard.
Many cops will allow you to go 20+ MPH over the limit without pulling you over. I have seen it multiple times on area freeways. Just because you don't get pulled over doesn't mean going 10-12 MPH over is acceptable or safe. The speed limit is there for a reason. People who routinely admit to speeding should not call any others out on breaking any laws, when they openly do it on a daily basis. If there were more cops on the road who actually pulled people over, people would get the message and slow down. Phoenix has had one of the highest pedestrian deaths per capita of any major city for decades. This is due, in part, to the obnoxious speed many insist on driving because they think they're getting from Point A to Point B thirty minutes faster than the rest of us.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:47 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,289,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR13 View Post
Exactly. By FORCING someone to pass you on the right because you want to "be a douche" and drive slow in the high speed lane you are literally just trying to cause an accident. If people speeding bothers someone so much, I would recommend selling your car and never driving again, because your "douche" behavior is dangerous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oqfodY2Lz0

Old 01-04-2018, 11:39 AM

8,042 posts, read 12,259,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
Many cops will allow you to go 20+ MPH over the limit without pulling you over. I have seen it multiple times on area freeways. Just because you don't get pulled over doesn't mean going 10-12 MPH over is acceptable or safe. The speed limit is there for a reason. People who routinely admit to speeding should not call any others out on breaking any laws, when they openly do it on a daily basis. If there were more cops on the road who actually pulled people over, people would get the message and slow down. Phoenix has had one of the highest pedestrian deaths per capita of any major city for decades. This is due, in part, to the obnoxious speed many insist on driving because they think they're getting from Point A to Point B thirty minutes faster than the rest of us.
The same logic can be applied to those who poke in the left lanes and drive slower than the flow of traffic: many cops will allow it and won't pull them over, but just because they aren't stopped and/or cited doesn't mean driving slow on the freeways is acceptable or safe. Speed limits are not absolute, but the law about slower traffic keeping to the right is. Those who routinely meander along and hinder the traffic flow should not call others out on breaking any laws when they openly do it on a daily basis. If there were more cops who actually pulled these slow drivers over, people would get the message and reserve the left lanes for faster traffic.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:08 PM

656 posts, read 813,176 times
These pinheads are a regular nuisance for me. They want you to accelerate to an exit....so you can quickly decelerate.
Like the geniuses who speed up to a red light, so they can brake more.

Maybe the goal is wear out brakes and burn up fuel faster?

Old 01-04-2018, 03:30 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,917,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Speed limits are not absolute.
So, what are they, a "suggestion"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area