U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 09:31 AM

22,973 posts, read 24,125,291 times

Advertisements

I'm iffy on the whole deal. Why you might ask? Well, LNG has been around for decades and LNG Semi's and Cars have been around for several years now and yet it's not seeing widespread use.

We could easily and fairly quickly come off gas/diesel right now using LNG but haven't, why would anyone think that this will be any different?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 04:56 PM

673 posts, read 329,222 times
Well, that was a quick turn of events. Oh well. West Valley is exploding with or without a truck company.

Old 07-29-2020, 03:43 PM

23,009 posts, read 42,134,302 times
All manner of wacky stock market happenings with Nikola stock, the gist of which is over my head, maybe someone on here can figger it out.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-08-2020, 02:14 PM

23,009 posts, read 42,134,302 times
Despite odd stock market news with this company, Nikola says construction of their truck plant is progressing for a 2021 opening.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-08-2020, 02:27 PM

1,673 posts, read 3,798,639 times
I was ON the site today as part of my day job. Plenty of activity going on and they do not yet have official plans approved from the city to go vertical. Don't get me wrong, they WILL get that approval - just a matter of all the i's and t's etc.

But in the meantime they are doing as much horizontal work as they can.

Does that mean they will ever develop a hydrogen truck with network? Who knows. Phase I of this factory is for the Battery version which is being prototyped in Germany now, and then will be assembled both here and in Germany starting next year - according to Nikola.

BUT, there is in fact work going on towards construction. And in an unrelated topic, since there is mention of it in this thread - the LUCID factory Phase I is officially complete with pre-production cars being built now. Phase II should begin in spring 2021.

Old 12-08-2020, 05:14 PM

33,940 posts, read 43,627,588 times
They dropped plans for their pickup truck. Not that I would have been able to afford one, but it was a very cool looking model - not some tin can affair like Tesla thinks a pickup should be. Maybe with Musk in Texas now he will be able to see some real pickups.

Old 12-09-2020, 11:55 PM

188 posts, read 83,678 times
Nikola's CEO was forced to resign recently due to some overzealous marketing claims they made about the pickup truck. There also was a PR event where they used some tricks to make it appear that the truck was able to run, which would mean it was close to market. This was after the company went public and announced a partnership with GM, so by doing this they basically inflated their stock price to very high levels. Now that the fraud was exposed the stock price has plummeted and GM has pulled out, which may have killed the pickup program. But it looks like the plant construction is still progressing, which is where they will apparently produce the larger trucks they are planning.

Last edited by KO Stradivarius; 12-10-2020 at 12:04 AM..

Old 12-10-2020, 11:52 AM

1,149 posts, read 1,260,348 times
Did they decide to pull out of the Buckeye plant or do we really have 2 in Arizona? There is most definitely a large Nikola truck plant slated to open here in Coolidge in a few months or so now. I hear about it constantly. It's a big deal around here. I didn't know about the Buckeye one until I saw this thread.

Old 12-10-2020, 03:22 PM

1,673 posts, read 3,798,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
Did they decide to pull out of the Buckeye plant or do we really have 2 in Arizona? There is most definitely a large Nikola truck plant slated to open here in Coolidge in a few months or so now. I hear about it constantly. It's a big deal around here. I didn't know about the Buckeye one until I saw this thread.
I posted about the change earlier in this thread - but originally it was going to go to Buckeye - but when they got the big Budweiser order for trucks needed by a certain date, the infrastructure was not in place enough in Buckeye to complete the factory on time and a mad dash to find somewhere else was done - and Coolidge and the Inland Port AZ location was chosen.

Old 12-10-2020, 03:55 PM

1,149 posts, read 1,260,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post
I posted about the change earlier in this thread - but originally it was going to go to Buckeye - but when they got the big Budweiser order for trucks needed by a certain date, the infrastructure was not in place enough in Buckeye to complete the factory on time and a mad dash to find somewhere else was done - and Coolidge and the Inland Port AZ location was chosen.
Ah ok, that makes sense. Bummer for Buckeye but a win for our area. Thanks for the response.

Ps. I remember that username! Your posts from over the years were super helpful to me as I looked into CG, Coolidge area. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area