Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 10:16 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
the second day we moved here, I had both car windows tinted; without some sort of tint, you will get sunburn in the car while driving, so getting them tinted here is a necessity
Even the lightest tint gives great UV protection, so you do NOT have to get super dark tint to get the protection you need..

Lol...that happend to me years ago in Fla. We were driving through alligator alley to visit friends in Lauderdale and the rental obviously wasn't tinted. Half way there my left arm was getting sunburn and I had to put a towel in the window to block out the sun. Not the safest thing to do but better than being fried.

OP I think 20% would work well for you,I have mine darker but I do way more day driving than night. I use to buy my company vans without side and rear windows so people couldn't see what was in there so I'm use to having those blind spots. As I get older it's definitely harder to see at night so my next truck I'll probably go a little lighter on the tint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 11:59 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Go as dark as is legal. Tinters know the law.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:11 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
35% is the limit on the front three windows. That’s pretty light and many people go a bit darker than the legal limit.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:43 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,140,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
And they'll also go way beyond if you're willing to sign a waiver.

Old 02-15-2018, 03:13 PM

445 posts, read 515,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
We have 5% on our Infiniti, and its TOO DARK. Trust me. I have to roll down my windows when leaving parking lots just so I can see if there are any pedestrians on the sidewalk (if there isn't ample streetlighting). Yes, it helps keep the sun out in the summer, but not sure its worth the risk for night driving.
I have 5% all around except the windshield. I absolutely love it in the day, especially in the summer. Plus, I really like the way it looks on my Jeep. But you're right about backing up at night...it can be hard to see if it's not a well lit area. The back-up camera largely fixes the problem, but I can understand what you're saying. I'll probably do 20% on my next vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
And they'll also go way beyond if you're willing to sign a waiver.
A lot of places won't even ask you to. 35% is the legal max on the front windows and I've had lower than that on my last two vehicles and no one batted an eye when I asked for it. Plus, my 5% tint has never seemed to be an issue with the police around here. The only time I've ever even been pulled over for it in over three years was a little outside Tucson by a bike cop who was trying to catch speeders and clearly didn't have much to do. I live in the city of Phoenix and the cops have more things to do than worry about window tint, but I'm frequently in Mesa, Scottsdale, and Glendale, plus I've been all over Southern California and Nevada and have never gotten pulled over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area