Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2018, 02:33 PM

95 posts, read 159,948 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about this HOA? I’m hearing they are incredibly strict. What is meant by this? There is strict in a good way as it keeps the neighborhood up and then there is intrusive (people peering over your fence into your backyard) or being ridiculous. Not sure what is the case here.

Also, how much are HOA fees?

Any thoughts on the neighborhood and residents?

Does the community own the golf courses?

Last edited by Riggo44; 03-01-2018 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 03:17 PM

90 posts, read 111,652 times
Glad to see you're looking into it! My grandparents live(d) there and have since 2000. I have not heard about them being incredibly strict, but if they are it likely has to do with yard maintenance, cars parked on the street, etc. There isn't a monthly HOA but more 'dues' including a capital improvement fee upon move-in. These might be outdated numbers but sound about right:

Annual Fee = $608.70
Resale Disclosure Fee = $350.00 (one time)
Monthly Fee = Monthly fees vary & apply to condos/patio homes only.
CC&R Documentation = $50.00 (one time fee)
Capital Improvement Fee = $3,000.00 (one time fee)

Old 03-01-2018, 09:31 PM

44,540 posts, read 61,208,520 times
It's a nice well kept community. The only drawback is the many narrow streets and limited parking space.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:50 PM

8,019 posts, read 12,163,541 times
The HOA in Westbrook Village is quite strict, which can have positives and negatives. Since it's mostly an adult oriented community, the HOA is necessary to keep it clean and weed out the riff raff. The major downside to HOAs (other than the fees) is how ridiculously meddling they can be in every little matter: everything from restricting flags & windchimes to going as far as restricting certain plants in your own yard. HOAs were designed to help homeowners, but many of them have become more like dictatorships, and this isn't what I want as a homeowner!

Old 03-06-2018, 12:47 PM

95 posts, read 159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
The HOA in Westbrook Village is quite strict, which can have positives and negatives. Since it's mostly an adult oriented community, the HOA is necessary to keep it clean and weed out the riff raff. The major downside to HOAs (other than the fees) is how ridiculously meddling they can be in every little matter: everything from restricting flags & windchimes to going as far as restricting certain plants in your own yard. HOAs were designed to help homeowners, but many of them have become more like dictatorships, and this isn't what I want as a homeowner!
Could you (or others) elaborate on what is meant by “quite strict”?

Are they fining for ridiculous things? Being overly zealous in their inspections? Nit picking unimportant regulations?

Old 03-08-2018, 12:35 PM

8,019 posts, read 12,163,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggo44 View Post
Could you (or others) elaborate on what is meant by “quite strict”?

Are they fining for ridiculous things? Being overly zealous in their inspections? Nit picking unimportant regulations?
I have a relative who lives in Westbrook Village, so this is how I know about the community and the strictness of the HOA. A few years ago, I gave this relative some windchimes as a Christmas gift, and they were hung on the patio for a very short time until the HOA dictated that they be silenced or taken down. They're also strict about the appearance of the exterior of the houses, as well as the sidewalks & streets. If you walk your dog, you must carry waste bags because they don't want any droppings laying around. Not sure if they impose fines for these things, but my understanding is they send notices/warnings for these "violations". I can understand the rule about dog droppings, but the windchime issue is ridiculous!

Old 03-08-2018, 01:14 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,121,619 times
Windchimes are awful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area