Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 11:45 AM

1,795 posts, read 1,877,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh66 View Post
It's alarming when people see no difference between criminals killing each other and members of the police force murdering private citizens of a country. If that's what you want your country to be - the police allowed to be judge, jury, and executioner at their own discretion - so be it. But IMO that way lies madness.

To say people deserve to die for crimes they might commit in the future...wow, that's some Orwellian sh*t right there.
American police are way better than police from Mexico, just saying be happy for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 11:57 AM

262 posts, read 202,399 times
Can we stop telling each other that it’s OK to kill someone because someone called the police on them? The police are usually called out to situations where someone has broken the law.

I don’t have the police followed me into my job in the morning so I can sell insurance to people.
They don’t follow me into church on Sunday and they don’t follow me when I go to the IRS building to file my freaking taxes

OK obviously this guy was in the wrong and that’s why the police were called in the first place. Keep in mind, generally speaking the police are only interacting with you if you have done something for them to interact with you for. They’re not just going around bothering people for the most part. For the most part. For the most part. We can talk about J walking some other time.

But just because this crazy drug addicted mental patient is homeless wearing no shoes or shirt and perhaps is acting erratically to the point where the police are called doesn’t mean that you get to shoot and kill him just because he doesn’t go down when you want him to.

As far as the hand cuff on his wrist being a weapon? OK, why couldn’t they just finished the handcuff job when they started it? I mean it sounds to me like the cops did a really poor job of detaining him and then just killed him because they got tired of walking behind him.

The reasons that these people are getting killed or not justified by anyone with a sense of decency.

And to compare criminals and domestic violence to police murders? That’s insane. It’s ludicrous. Police are supposed to not kill us. You avoid going to the bad area of town to avoid the criminals that you’re afraid of. But you shouldn’t have to worry about the police while you’re there now should you?

Old 06-13-2018, 12:03 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
American police are way better than police from Mexico, just saying be happy for that.
They should be better, since we are supposed to a beacon of human rights, democracy, freedom, and all that stuff.
This is like telling poor Americans, "Don't complain. You are better off than the poor people in Bangladesh."

Old 06-13-2018, 12:09 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
To the police groupies,

Criminals doing bad things is a separate issue and does not justify or excuse criminal acts by cops.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:11 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyDwyer480 View Post
It seems as if it is happening more and more frequent. Yesterday there was a homeless man being chased off of a hotel property for trespassing because he was visibly homeless. No shirt no shoes and just walking around in the Arizona desert heat.

There’s a video of a police officer walking behind him and probably telling him to stop but we can’t hear that. But we can see is the police officer just decides to shoot him because he’s tired of chasing him on foot at a slow pace.

What’s the excuse for this one? Because the man was homeless? Because he was so mentally to ranged that he didn’t understand what was being said to him? What’s the excuse for shooting him with a gun?

The police say they use the Taser but it did not work. My concern is if the man was an armed why couldn’t five of them jump on him to take him to the ground instead of shooting him with a gun? Our Police Department has prove that they don’t mind beating people up I would rather see someone get tackled than shot, wouldn’t you?

Maybe it’s the heat. Maybe the cops that signed up to be cops in the desert can’t really take being cops in the desert. And that’s OK. They should find other lines of work.

If anyone wonders why I am so adamant about these police shootings, it’s because you and I cannot do these things to people and get away with them.

You know the law states if someone breaks in your house, you can only shoot them if they are posing a threat to you in your home. They can’t run out of the house and you chased him down the street and shoot them and it still justified. So what’s the difference?
Sure..until its YOUR Stuff.getting stolen or vandalized.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:14 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
hate to bring up Chicago again, but, since BC and I are both from there, we know that the public is outraged when a cop shoots anyone there now, and is scrutinized, fired, or put on public shame/trial, but the hundreds of punks who kill each other every week there are never discussed with the same out rage..
You have gangs offing each other in record numbers in Chicago and no one but the media bats an eye, but if the police shoot and kill a man, everyone is protesting and marching. The intense levels of ridiculousness there is too much for me to comprehend in the slightest.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Sure..until its YOUR Stuff.getting stolen or vandalized.
I still don’t think if someone steals something of mine they should be KILLED for it...

Old 06-13-2018, 01:01 PM

268 posts, read 216,436 times
Sickening! I know police work is a hard profession but much is required for that type of responsibility to protect and serve.

Old 06-13-2018, 01:20 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyDwyer480 View Post
I still don’t think if someone steals something of mine they should be KILLED for it...
No ...but you would sure as **** want your stuff back..and if a guy is bolting...how do you think you are going to get it back? No..nobody should get killed for it , I agree. But I'll be damned if I'd you'd be ok with the cops just letting a perp go if it was YOUR stuff/

Old 06-13-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
No ...but you would sure as **** want your stuff back..and if a guy is bolting...how do you think you are going to get it back? No..nobody should get killed for it , I agree. But I'll be damned if I'd you'd be ok with the cops just letting a perp go if it was YOUR stuff/

Ok but that this guy didn’t steal anything.

And again. Don’t gotta kill him.

Nothing you’re saying about “perps” justifies a murder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: