Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 06:10 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,145,829 times

Advertisements

Again....where you there? Did you experience the situation around this shooting? Do you spend your days dealing with drug addled mental cases? Ever been hit in the head by a pair of issue handcuffs attached to a perps hand?

Your brand of SJW/Armchair quarterbacking is leading you one direction. Go volunteer for some ride alongs. Join the Posse. Go learn for yourself what these people do day in/day out. Walk a mile in their shoes. You are not judge and jury for what is happening out there...well maybe jury if you get called...but without all the information available this is worse than people who just read headlines.

Immediately assuming the police officer is in the wrong every time is getting old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 06:33 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,361,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Sure..until its YOUR Stuff.getting stolen or vandalized.

It's just "stuff", I'd call my insurance agent, file a claim... No matter what kind of "stuff" we treasure as our property, nothing has more value than life.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 06-14-2018, 07:04 AM

262 posts, read 202,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Again....where you there? Did you experience the situation around this shooting? Do you spend your days dealing with drug addled mental cases? Ever been hit in the head by a pair of issue handcuffs attached to a perps hand?

Your brand of SJW/Armchair quarterbacking is leading you one direction. Go volunteer for some ride alongs. Join the Posse. Go learn for yourself what these people do day in/day out. Walk a mile in their shoes. You are not judge and jury for what is happening out there...well maybe jury if you get called...but without all the information available this is worse than people who just read headlines.

Immediately assuming the police officer is in the wrong every time is getting old.

Immediately assuming the police are right all of the time is getting old too.

Kurt, You are held accountable for literally everything you do in life. Why should law enforcement be any different?

Old 06-14-2018, 07:05 AM

Oh and I forgot to say this to the last post as well, I am not judge and jury of law-enforcement and law-enforcement is not judge and jury of me. There’s an actual judge in the court room and there will be a jury of 12 people that show up to a trial. Which is exactly what this officer should deal with because he killed somebody and had no good reason to do it

Old 06-14-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyDwyer480 View Post
Oh and I forgot to say this to the last post as well, I am not judge and jury of law-enforcement and law-enforcement is not judge and jury of me. There’s an actual judge in the court room and there will be a jury of 12 people that show up to a trial. Which is exactly what this officer should deal with because he killed somebody and had no good reason to do it
According to you.

Old 06-14-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Immediately assuming the police are right all of the time is getting old too.

Kurt, You are held accountable for literally everything you do in life. Why should law enforcement be any different?
I do not immediately assume they are right in all their actions...but do realize in this day and age of increased hostility towards the very law enforcement organizations that we, as taxpayers, pay to protect our laws, rights and property...assuming EVERYTHING they do is unjustified and thinking you have all the answers because you watched a 30 second video of one part of an altercation...is ridiculous. These men and women are out there doing a job that everyone hates them for. Don't like what they are doing? Step up.

Old 06-14-2018, 04:28 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
Quote:
Interesting, AndyDwyer . . . where are you getting all of your privileged information? Were you there during this latest fiasco?

Since you are so "well informed" . . . how many times over how long a period of time was this charming individual asked and/or ordered to leave the Hotel Property? How many Hotel Employees and/or Hotel Guests did he offend, attack and/or violate?

Old 06-14-2018, 05:38 PM

294 posts, read 219,666 times
I have a brother who always has a chip on his shoulder and thinks he is a badass. He could never understand how I would usually get off with a warning most every time I got pulled over back in the day when we had traffic enforcement. I would act respectfully and greet the officer with a good morning or hello and did not escalate a situation I had no chance of winning. A few years back while on vacation I was pulled over after pulling an illegal U-turn and going through a red arrow and when I saw the LEO I pulled over before he was even behind me shut off the car put the keys on the dashboard and had my hands on the wheel with my DL and rental paperwork in my hand. I greeted him with "good morning officer" he ran my name and let me go with a warning less than 5 minutes later. I no longer have as much respect for LEO's as I once did but I know they have be to prepared for the WORST to happen any time they interact with the public. The younger people have no idea how much society has deteriorated and too many people are just looking for trouble constantly. When you are being questioned by a LEO show some respect and comply with their orders and you might be surprised how much better they will treat you. THEY have the discretion to go easy on you or to give you the trouble you are seeking if that's what you want. Most of the "unarmed" idiots that have been shot in recent years crossed a line and required drastic actions by the LEO to make sure he goes home safe. I don't care what color the person is. if you don't comply you just might die its really very simple. If you attack a LEO you DESERVE to die ON THE SPOT. He is not going to hope he can get you to the courtroom for justice. I am disabled and had a SWAT raid on my house about 20 years ago before medical marijuana was legal. I was growing in my yard. Some of the LEO's were very threatening and belligerent and trying to get me to act up but I knew there was nothing to gain by being an ******* so I kept my mouth shut. Act like a grownup and you just might get treated like one it's really very simple and don't break the law and expect to be treated like a saint.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:46 PM

I’m sorry that you people for some reason or another believe that it’s OK for the cops to kill us even if it’s proven on video that they did not have a good reason to do so. It’s really sad, that I even have to explain basic decency and the rule of law with people.

But whatever.

Hopefully you guys will just continue enjoying the murders by the police until it strikes you at home and then you’ll be in the same boat as the rest of us hoping that our police officer stop killing us at every chance.

Seriously, you people sit here and say this is such a safe place to live but the police killed someone like every other week how the hell can both exist?

Old 06-17-2018, 09:23 AM

710 posts, read 3,391,880 times
Quote:
I’m sorry that you people for some reason or another believe that it’s OK for the cops to kill us even if it’s proven on video that they did not have a good reason to do so. It’s really sad, that I even have to explain basic decency and the rule of law with people.

But whatever.

Hopefully you guys will just continue enjoying the murders by the police until it strikes you at home and then you’ll be in the same boat as the rest of us hoping that our police officer stop killing us at every chance.

Seriously, you people sit here and say this is such a safe place to live but the police killed someone like every other week how the hell can both exist?
I do not consider ‘us’ to mean that these criminals and I are the same. I would never say ‘we’ and include myself in a group of these people who refuse to follow the law. I see from your language that you do.

Either you are for law and order, or you are not. I never worry about a police officer killing me for some unknown nebulous reason, because I understand the norms of a civilized society.

Police operate within strict legal boundaries of reasonable suspicion, probable cause, and believe it or not, are judged by the same justification for use of force laws as you or I would be. Take a look at ARS 13-401 to about 13-421. Anyone’s use of deadly force is reviewed by a county attorney, who has a much better legal background than 12 idiots who play xbox all day and think that cops kill ‘us’ willy-nilly.

Police use of deadly force is more frequent because there is a large subset of our population who believe that they need not comply, follow direction, or in many cases, even listen to legitimate authority figures. Whether that’s because of the ‘me me me generation,’ or recent political movements, or because schools don’t so much as teach civics anymore, a breakdown of family structure... who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: