Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 08:14 PM

262 posts, read 202,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ji603 View Post
I do not consider ‘us’ to mean that these criminals and I are the same. I would never say ‘we’ and include myself in a group of these people who refuse to follow the law. I see from your language that you do.

Either you are for law and order, or you are not. I never worry about a police officer killing me for some unknown nebulous reason, because I understand the norms of a civilized society.

Police operate within strict legal boundaries of reasonable suspicion, probable cause, and believe it or not, are judged by the same justification for use of force laws as you or I would be. Take a look at ARS 13-401 to about 13-421. Anyone’s use of deadly force is reviewed by a county attorney, who has a much better legal background than 12 idiots who play xbox all day and think that cops kill ‘us’ willy-nilly.

Police use of deadly force is more frequent because there is a large subset of our population who believe that they need not comply, follow direction, or in many cases, even listen to legitimate authority figures. Whether that’s because of the ‘me me me generation,’ or recent political movements, or because schools don’t so much as teach civics anymore, a breakdown of family structure... who knows.

I say “us” because I don’t believe every person being killed or beaten at the hands of police is a criminal.

You don’t have to be “outside” the law to have an interaction with law enforcement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2018, 11:00 PM

551 posts, read 692,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyDwyer480 View Post
Seriously, you people sit here and say this is such a safe place to live but the police killed someone like every other week how the hell can both exist?
I got many inner city areas across the country that are cop no-go zones or close to it, would those be more your taste?

Old 06-18-2018, 06:43 AM

262 posts, read 202,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusland View Post
I got many inner city areas across the country that are cop no-go zones or close to it, would those be more your taste?
Been to em and yet there’s still less violence FROM the cops.

Oh and just cause other places suck more doesn’t make this one great. So what’s your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: