Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 12:30 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,729,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman1 View Post
As someone that lives in Vistancia/North Peoria, it’s also worth noting that there is a big movement to develop upscale homes and businesses in the area. People in the area have high household incomes and are pushing for amenities more like that of Desert Ridge as opposed to chain stuff. This will take time but the city and developers have taken notice. For example, google Upper Westside Phoenix to see the movement that has taken hold. As a result, we’re already getting a couple new developments that feature higher quality restaurants, coffeehouses, shops, etc. This movement has also been noticed by the local news. Lots more to come as long as the quality of new developments stay high. The focus of all this activity is the 85383 zip code as household income is high.
I’m not sure what you’re saying here, Desert Ridge is full of chains. Higher end chains, sure... but chains none-the-less.

Old 07-08-2018, 04:19 PM

381 posts, read 344,358 times
People are pushing for a combination of independent restaurants as well as higher end chains such as Fox Restaurant Group type restaurants.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:18 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman1 View Post
People are pushing for a combination of independent restaurants as well as higher end chains such as Fox Restaurant Group type restaurants.
The style right now is breweries and taprooms.

As a rule I don’t do chains, although I occasionally do Chili’s because it’s cheaper than McDonalds if you do it right.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:27 AM

97 posts, read 135,298 times
Ok from all the feedback I’ve narrowed down the areas I’m going to check out this weekend. Peoria (vistanica), Gilbert, queen creek and possibly chandler. If anyone has more areas they would recommend please feel free to comment. Thank you all for your help!

Old 07-11-2018, 08:34 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,729,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MovingForward View Post
Ok from all the feedback I’ve narrowed down the areas I’m going to check out this weekend. Peoria (vistanica), Gilbert, queen creek and possibly chandler. If anyone has more areas they would recommend please feel free to comment. Thank you all for your help!
You should check out a few central locations as well, IMO. I don’t believe you’ve mentioned a budget but perhaps areas near Arcadia, Central Scottsdale, between the 7s north of McDowell in central Phoenix, Tempe north of the 60 and south of Apache is another desireable area that would be much more centrally located.

Everywhere you’ve mentioned is going to be a long haul to do anything in downtown Phoenix, Socctsdale or Tempe where a lot of the regions top amenities, employers, and hospitals are located. Just some advice from a long timer who has talked to a lot of newcomers who regret moving so far away...

Old 07-12-2018, 01:13 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,739,868 times
As testimony to how isolated it is, I've lived in Phoenix since the 1970s and this thread is the first I've heard of the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
You should check out a few central locations as well, IMO. I don’t believe you’ve mentioned a budget but perhaps areas near Arcadia, Central Scottsdale, between the 7s north of McDowell in central Phoenix, Tempe north of the 60 and south of Apache is another desireable area that would be much more centrally located.
I can't imagine anyone who finds a "master planned community" appealing would be happy in any of those places.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:24 AM

3 posts, read 1,259 times
Best of luck with your search. I signed a contract on my first house in Vistancia back in 2004 after moving from Connecticut. I checked out Estrella Mountain Ranch, Verrado and I rented in Anthem while my house was being built. I liked all those developments. Vistancia, for me just had the best of all them in one package. When my house was being built, Lake Pleasant Parkway and Happy Valley road was a one way stop sign and the closest grocery store was Basha's at 99th/Beardsley. There has been so much growth out there. I work at I17/ 101 in North Phoenix and it takes me roughly 25-30 mins each way. The 303 has been a great addition, it takes me a little north but its never crowded and is an easy drive. Like others have said it all depends on what you like. For me Vistancia is a tremendous community and offers a beautiful, peaceful place to live.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:37 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
As testimony to how isolated it is, I've lived in Phoenix since the 1970s and this thread is the first I've heard of the place.

I can't imagine anyone who finds a "master planned community" appealing would be happy in any of those places.
You not hearing about Vistancia is testimony that you have not looked at homes or you don't go out much. I've heard of Vistancia, Verrado, Estralla, Power Ranch, Sun City Grand, DC Ranch, Marley Park, and Encanterra because I've been in every one of these communities within a month of me looking for a home.

Plug in Vistancia on the C-D search bar. It comes up 444 times. Evidently you haven't been paying attention to other threads.

IMHO, I love the feel of every master planned community I've visited. I also like the Arcadia area, Central Scottsdale, and Tempe. Who wouldn't?? I too would recommend looking at various locations before he buys.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:16 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,916,165 times
yes, there are tons of great areas all over the valley;thats what makes it such a a tough choice on where to settle, but, its proof that there is something for every one out here...no wonder the growth is so explosive..

Old 07-12-2018, 08:33 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
yes, there are tons of great areas all over the valley;thats what makes it such a a tough choice on where to settle, but, its proof that there is something for every one out here...no wonder the growth is so explosive..
...as evidenced by all of the Californians exploding across our borders...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area