Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 12:48 PM

2,806 posts, read 3,175,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
No interest in selling, as stated above. Just a sign of demand that it’s happening again, for a long period of time this was not happening at least in our neighborhood.
Inventory is so low they are trying everything to entice people to sell. Definitively more activity both from non-traditional buyers and realtors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 01:00 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
The only thing "proved" here is that you want to argue, refute, and try to generalize anything and everything to make yourself look correct on everything and anything..
That’s wrong though. I simply stayed my opinion and was challenged on it. For some strange reason, you were trying to prove that “smarter” people live on the west side as evidenced by a higher median income in one random zip code, that was proven to be incorrect anyway. If you want to challenge my points and have a logical debate, fine, but do so without stretching the truth.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:06 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,916,165 times
Thanks, you just proved my point about you..

Old 07-08-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Thanks, you just proved my point about you..
I have no interest in discussing one’s character (“about you”). If you’d like to respond with something on-topic with regard to the content of a post, without the personal emotional rhetoric, let’s chat. Otherwise, I have no interest in responding to such minutia.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:19 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,916,165 times
yet you continue to respond, time and time again...

Old 07-08-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
yet you continue to respond, time and time again...
I’ve never continued a conversation about a poster’s character. That’s against the TOS and isn’t something I care for. I’d like to discuss the topic at hand, but substance seems to be a difficult.

Back to topic, demand is definitely strong. Pricing seems to be steadily increasing and I think higher prices will benefit us all in both dollars and in the quality of people that can afford to continue to move here.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:52 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,807,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
This. Too many people move here because they can’t afford quality “back home”.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Cool story, but I never said that was the case for everyone that moves here. Of course it’s not. If you believe that a good amount of our population didn’t come here because it is (was) cheap, you’re kidding yourself. Higher prices are a good thing and will weed out the bottom-feeders. We need high caliber people here that want to contribute their skills and education and not just those looking for easy mediocrity, which we have an abundance of.
So what if they came here for the cheaper col,it still doesn't mean they're uneducated or that they "can't afford quality back home". Heck,I consider them smart to be thinking about their financial well being and thinking about their future! I do agree we need people who contribute and not just those looking for cheap homes but don't assume that everyone that comes here is low class and couldn't afford to live back wherever they're from. Almost every one of your post are negative once someone says they live in the west valley and don't mind driving 20-30 minutes to get somewhere. Newsflash it doesn't bother everyone like it does you or we wouldn't live over on this side. Personally I don't see the attraction of Scottsdale but I don't criticize you for living there. But it's hard to take you serious when all you do is put people down,stereotype them and assume they're uneducated "bottom-feeders"!

Old 07-08-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
So what if they came here for the cheaper col,it still doesn't mean they're uneducated or that they "can't afford quality back home". Heck,I consider them smart to be thinking about their financial well being and thinking about their future! I do agree we need people who contribute and not just those looking for cheap homes but don't assume that everyone that comes here is low class and couldn't afford to live back wherever they're from. Almost every one of your post are negative once someone says they live in the west valley and don't mind driving 20-30 minutes to get somewhere. Newsflash it doesn't bother everyone like it does you or we wouldn't live over on this side. Personally I don't see the attraction of Scottsdale but I don't criticize you for living there. But it's hard to take you serious when all you do is put people down,stereotype them and assume they're uneducated "bottom-feeders"!
Cool, then we agree. We need people that come here for reasons other than cheap housing and not everyone that moves here is uneducated nor moves here because they can’t afford housing where they came from (Duh. And I never said that.).

Old 07-08-2018, 07:09 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Totally agree, we have regular flyers on our door again with people proposing cash offers to buy our home right now. It's not for sale and no plans for it to be available any time soon. I see unsolicited offers as a strong economy.
I have to wonder how many of those potential unsolicited buyers could be investors wanting to buy rental properties to use on AirBnB. This is still a strong tourist destination and a lot of properties that were formally long term rentals are now part of AirBnB inventory. Great for the owner and the tourist, not so great for tenants in the metro.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:46 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,660,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
1 million for 3400 sqft 4 bedrooms?

Insane
So make an offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area