Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2018, 01:48 PM

5 posts, read 6,479 times

Advertisements

Hi all, well life changes are forcing the sale of my house and I need to decide what to do next. I still have a good job and all but would like thoughts. Current house is by san tan mall. I call it a detached condo. Tiny back yard tiny front yard but is detached. I really like it but want something less expensive. I know, its not very expensive
So I see this place, and I like it alot, I think it would work for me since my kid and spouse are gone now.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-66925?view=qv

The thing is though, I work by Sky Harbor and since moving would like to reduce my commute. Are there any subdivisions like this that are nearer sky harbor and in the same price rance? Zero lot line, garden home, or condo etc but prefer detached if possible under 200k that are newish? I would really like to be close to work yet not be in ghetto but I guess if was gated may be insulated some. thanks all for all recommendations!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 02:08 PM

277 posts, read 276,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevolives View Post
Hi all, well life changes are forcing the sale of my house and I need to decide what to do next. I still have a good job and all but would like thoughts. Current house is by san tan mall. I call it a detached condo. Tiny back yard tiny front yard but is detached. I really like it but want something less expensive. I know, its not very expensive
So I see this place, and I like it alot, I think it would work for me since my kid and spouse are gone now.

The thing is though, I work by Sky Harbor and since moving would like to reduce my commute. Are there any subdivisions like this that are nearer sky harbor and in the same price rance? Zero lot line, garden home, or condo etc but prefer detached if possible under 200k that are newish? I would really like to be close to work yet not be in ghetto but I guess if was gated may be insulated some. thanks all for all recommendations!
You could probably get a small condo in "arcadia lite" aka Camelback east for about 200-225 move in ready no work neccessary and that area is just north of the airport.

Preatty much south of Camelback north of the 202 between SR51 and scottsdale road (subtracting the expensive part of arcadia between Camelback and indian school 24th street-scottsdale road)

Old 08-09-2018, 02:25 PM

5 posts, read 3,796 times
Ya that commute doesnt sound fun at all!! You can do some general searches on the internet, lets say Zillow to get you started. But honestly - you want to have more access to what is REALLY on the market through the MLS - which would be provided to you from a Realtor. Having a Realtor work for you is FREE - they get paid by the seller - why not have them do the work for you? I know some great ones in the area if you are interested!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevolives View Post

Old 08-10-2018, 01:28 PM

105 posts, read 286,774 times
Check out the condos at Rythym, a bit more, but brand new, and a great location
https://mattamyhomes.com/phoenix/com...at-rhythm.aspx

Old 08-10-2018, 01:32 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puntin View Post
Check out the condos at Rythym, a bit more, but brand new, and a great location
https://mattamyhomes.com/phoenix/com...at-rhythm.aspx

Great location, but starting at 269,900 is not "a bit more" than under 200K. I think the OP is going to have a problem with new or newish in that price range. OP - Use the search sites and see, but you may need human help from a realtor to find something closest to what you want.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:59 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,813,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Great location, but starting at 269,900 is not "a bit more" than under 200K. I think the OP is going to have a problem with new or newish in that price range. OP - Use the search sites and see, but you may need human help from a realtor to find something closest to what you want.
Seems like any new build is pretty overpriced-for what you get. Seems inflated to be honest.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:15 PM

5 posts, read 6,479 times
First of all, I appreciate the feedback. Now, it looks like the exit from my house will be hastened and I may end up moving out of state down the road. I am looking for apartments now. You've seen that I work basically at Sky Harbor and want to reduce commute if possible. There are SO many apartment complexes out there. The ratings are probably a good place to start as I see trends. I just turned 50 but I maintain an active lifestyle, I like to exercise. I don't really care about outdoor exercise as I belong to a gym but I want somewhere that is not all kids and fairly solid walls. I have my small dog too but that isn't much of a consideration. There are so many to choose from I suppose I should just scour reviews for mold and bugs etc? I haven't lived in an apartment for 30 years so it should be interesting. Thanks again everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area