Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 05:35 PM

7,312 posts, read 12,258,163 times

Advertisements

It seems like lately that many Amazon packages that are being shipped via USPS to my address are long, lightweight, skinny items. Examples include wiper blades and a pool brush head.

Has anyone else noticed a similar observation lately? I wonder if there is some limitation that prevents Amazon Logistics from handling these packages that they get assigned to the USPS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 04:18 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,947,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
It seems like lately that many Amazon packages that are being shipped via USPS to my address are long, lightweight, skinny items. Examples include wiper blades and a pool brush head.

Has anyone else noticed a similar observation lately? I wonder if there is some limitation that prevents Amazon Logistics from handling these packages that they get assigned to the USPS.
Why add drivers for the 2 months of year they are this busy? It is all about cost efficiency. Don't waste your drivers on small items the USPS can do cheaply.

Old 11-20-2018, 07:28 PM

7,312 posts, read 12,258,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
Why add drivers for the 2 months of year they are this busy? It is all about cost efficiency. Don't waste your drivers on small items the USPS can do cheaply.
These are not small boxes. These boxes are about three feet long although not very heavy.

According to another site that I asked, some USPS employees are noticing the same thing, not just with long and thin boxes, but with larger and oddly-shaped boxes in general. Amazon Logistics now seems to be delivering most of the small items that can fit in a mailbox, while Amazon seems to be pushing larger items to the USPS and other carriers. One user claimed that Amazon is trying to avoid injury liability with the Amazon Logistics drivers (even though they aren't actually Amazon employees), and reduce the amount of time that each driver makes a stop.

Interestingly, this past summer I had a computer battery backup that I ordered on Amazon delivered by USPS. This is not just a large package, but a hazmat package as well. Perhaps the injury liability theory might have some merit.

Old 11-20-2018, 07:40 PM

6,402 posts, read 8,945,903 times
My orders have always been a mix. Sometimes USPS delivers to my box while other items are left at my door by Amazon.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:15 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,646,041 times
Amazon is keeping USPS afloat. By any objective measure, USPS should be shut down.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:34 PM

306 posts, read 332,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
Amazon is keeping USPS afloat. By any objective measure, USPS should be shut down.
Agreed. The government doesn't need to be involved in mail operations. The USPS served a purpose for a long time. Now the USPS should dissolve in favor of private services. If taxpayers didn't keep the USPS afloat, it would have folded long ago.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:44 PM

6,978 posts, read 4,838,011 times
Oh, God. Every time some government service in the US has been privatized, the prices went sky high and the quality/delivery/accountability fell into a deep hole.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:37 PM

61 posts, read 47,987 times
I just cancelled my Prime membership today because I'm sick and tired of those overpriced carriers being lazy and not delivering yet saying they did.

I've dealt with it long enough, USPS is a bunch of a ****ing crooks and something needs to be done.

Old 11-22-2018, 06:33 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint8ball View Post
Agreed. The government doesn't need to be involved in mail operations. The USPS served a purpose for a long time. Now the USPS should dissolve in favor of private services. If taxpayers didn't keep the USPS afloat, it would have folded long ago.

Spot On

4B in debt and sporting around in New Vans.

any other business would have been shut down decades ago

Old 11-22-2018, 06:43 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,419,929 times
USPS is about 10 times cheaper than UPS. So... be careful what you ask for.
So, they need 4B, while amazon founder makes that every month... Than it is OK. But keeping thousands employees at work is horrible.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area