Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 04:59 PM

10 posts, read 11,206 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am looking to rent a home in the Phoenix area that's somewhat isolated, or on a large piece of land so I have no immediate neighbors. Every rental that's available on rental websites are in subdivisions, with houses right next to each other.

Two questions, Where are houses like this and how can I best find them? I am also considering towns or the country side outside of Phoenix. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by bluegreenred; 11-30-2018 at 05:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 05:11 PM

2,375 posts, read 2,705,000 times
Are you saying that you are now instead looking to buy, since you found no rentals?

I'd imagine that one obvious route would be to hook up with a broker, instead of just skimming the internet, and tell the broker exactly what you have in mind.

Old 11-30-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
Are you saying that you are now instead looking to buy, since you found no rentals?

I'd imagine that one obvious route would be to hook up with a broker, instead of just skimming the internet, and tell the broker exactly what you have in mind.
No, I'd like to rent it - I cleared it up in the OP. Hmmm, strangely I hadn't thought of a broker, thanks for the suggestion.

Old 11-30-2018, 05:32 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,633,311 times
I’m sure there are some estate type properties for rent in Paradise Valley on large lots where you won’t see your neighbors. Check AirBNB and see if they’re interested in a long term rental.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:19 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,171,724 times
We are going to need more information. Like size, location, and budget. Actually, there are a lot of them. But they won't be cheap.

I am not sure if you can receive DMs, but I just messaged you.

Old 12-01-2018, 06:17 AM

4,596 posts, read 6,348,700 times
No offense, but that is like asking for homes with acreage in say Chicago, or San Francisco. Homes with acreage abound in AZ, but not so much in/around major metro areas. Other than privacy, what are you looking for ? Employment ? Access to healthcare ? Schools ? What size city/town ? Raw desert ? Trees ? Other than privacy, why do you want acreage....raise critters, fruit/vegetables ?

To do your own research, look at a map of AZ, pick a town, go to google, type in "homes with acreage for sale in sierra vista, az" for instance. Just change the name of the town/city to suit your requirements.

I found my little half acre piece of paradise outside Yuma, quite by accident, while on a motorcycle ride. Nearest neighbor was a quarter mile away, we were surrounded by farm fields, 15 miles to town, 15 citrus trees, 3 huge pecan trees, shade trees, grass for the dog, all the water we could use. We could be hiking on BLM land or kayaking/fishing within 5 minutes from the house....places like that are not easy to find, and they are not for everyone....but they do exist.

Good Luck
Gemstone1

Old 12-02-2018, 08:52 PM

Thanks for your responses everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
No offense, but that is like asking for homes with acreage in say Chicago, or San Francisco. Homes with acreage abound in AZ, but not so much in/around major metro areas. Other than privacy, what are you looking for ? Employment ? Access to healthcare ? Schools ? What size city/town ? Raw desert ? Trees ? Other than privacy, why do you want acreage....raise critters, fruit/vegetables ?
Those are good questions - My max budget is $1500 (is that enough?); regarding employment, I work online so having good internet is a plus; having some nature/trees would be a huge plus - I've seen some properties on raw desert and it's very unappealing to live there. I have no current plans to raise animals or grow fruits/vegetables etc. although that may change as it runs in the family- my great grandparents and grandparents were farmers in South Carolina. Anyway, so good internet, some trees and close to a medium sized town would be my main criteria.

Quote:
I found my little half acre piece of paradise outside Yuma, quite by accident, while on a motorcycle ride. Nearest neighbor was a quarter mile away, we were surrounded by farm fields, 15 miles to town, 15 citrus trees, 3 huge pecan trees, shade trees, grass for the dog, all the water we could use. We could be hiking on BLM land or kayaking/fishing within 5 minutes from the house....places like that are not easy to find, and they are not for everyone....but they do exist.
This is exactly the type of place I am looking for. Sounds like heaven. How do you like living outside Yuma?

-Doug

Old 12-02-2018, 10:05 PM

566 posts, read 572,721 times
You won't find anything with those specifications in and around Phoenix. $1500 a month will get you a 1, maybe 2 bedroom apartment. For a house with acreage, I'd guess in the 5-7k per month range or more.

Old 12-02-2018, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringler24 View Post
You won't find anything with those specifications in and around Phoenix. $1500 a month will get you a 1, maybe 2 bedroom apartment. For a house with acreage, I'd guess in the 5-7k per month range or more.
I did a quick search on Zillow and found a two bed horse ranch home for $1150 in the outskirts of
buckeye. Looks pretty decent as well!

Last edited by bluegreenred; 12-02-2018 at 11:42 PM..

Old 12-03-2018, 06:58 AM

4,596 posts, read 6,348,700 times
"This is exactly the type of place I am looking for. Sounds like heaven. How do you like living outside Yuma?"

I loved it. It started out as just a winter place, we'd park our RV on one of the 2 pads that I installed and rented out the other to friends, while working on upgrading the 1940 adobe house. It turned into an all year residence after we gave up RV-ing. The growers invited us to pick all the lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower we could use, we had all the oranges/grapefruit we could eat/juice, and all the veggies I could raise.
I liked the weather, even summer was good for all activities except riding the motorcycle, I never had a problem working outside at 115 degrees. The growing season, and the soil allowed for growing almost anything from artichokes to watermelons. There is enough local shopping available, and Mexico is 30 minutes away. Winter tends to be frustrating for some when the population swells to double with the arrival of the snowbirds.....winter traffic/shopping/dining out can try your patience as the typical snowbird is not known for moving quickly.

Yuma is rather remote, and not for everyone....but it suited us just fine. Yuma has a good government, they sponsor lots of activities, there is a good trauma center hospital, and with an average 350 days of sunshine, and less that 3" of rain, you can golf/fish/boat/hike/bike/off road, year around. The best feature of the weather, it rarely frosts...and it last snowed in 1932!

Regards
Gemstone1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area