Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 11:04 AM

4,059 posts, read 5,095,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Often resort work is not 8-5, so traffic may not be an issue for the one working at resorts. I never had to work an 8-5 shift when I worked at resorts.
True...I was referring to distance vs. traffic. There are more resorts in the Scottsdale area than anywhere else in the Metro...so closer to work for the person that needs to physically be at work would be a plus. If they like driving...then so be it. All a personal preference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2019, 11:19 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,720,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
And btw to answer Detroit Native's question, Garfield is between Van Buren - I-10 and 7th St - 16th St.

(You originally quoted 7th St - 20th St, well 16th-20th is actually DVP Duppa Villa Projects which is a legitimate $h!th0le that's straight gangland)
The boundaries of the Garfield Historic District are 7th to 16th Streets, Roosevelt to Van Buren.

https://www.phoenix.gov/pddsite/Docu..._pdf_00042.pdf

Old 01-10-2019, 11:31 AM

1,217 posts, read 1,900,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
I am on that Facebook page too. And let's think for a minute on what that Facebook page actually is: It's compromised of approximately 95% Caucasian hipsters who have moved in and want to talk about how cutting edge they are by living in the "hood". Take a look at the members of that Facebook group and take a day to really explore the neighborhood and look at all the white faces and there's no way you can deny that that area has gentrified significantly. I mean if nothing else, the rental and RE estate prices speak for themselves. (Granted, Garfield is not as gentrified as let's say, Coronado, but it has made significant strides in that direction in the last decade).

And btw to answer Detroit Native's question, Garfield is between Van Buren - I-10 and 7th St - 16th St.

(You originally quoted 7th St - 20th St, well 16th-20th is actually DVP Duppa Villa Projects which is a legitimate $h!th0le that's straight gangland)
I go to Garfield a lot. I enjoy cheba hut and mother bunch. A good friend lives down the street. My point is that it is still a high crime area trying to get Coronado prices. Regardless of your age or ethnicity if your home gets broken into regularly, which several on that facebook page have reported, what do demographics have to do with it? Maybe the projects you mentioned might have something to do with the high crime rate and regardless of how many hipsters move into Garfield proper that isn't going away.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:08 PM

17 posts, read 19,007 times
I'll check the video out! I myself am not black, but my friend is half black/half Japanese. But you really couldn't tell.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:09 PM

3,681 posts, read 2,384,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kln18 View Post
I'll check the video out! I myself am not black, but my friend is half black/half Japanese. But you really couldn't tell.
Not that I care, but when the first poster put up the "moving to AZ as a Black" I automatically noticed that yo never stated either of your ethnicity.

Assumptions by some......

Old 01-14-2019, 08:32 AM

4,059 posts, read 5,095,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
Not that I care, but when the first poster put up the "moving to AZ as a Black" I automatically noticed that yo never stated either of your ethnicity.

Assumptions by some......
I actually thought it was odd but did watch some of the videos. I liked his advice and the realistic way he portrayed living in AZ vs. where you came from...different attitudes, perceptions, etc. I think his videos highlight the lack of concern most Arizonans have with what the melanin content of one's skin rather than one's actions and behaviors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area