Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 10:31 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,286,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGarcia879 View Post
Grammys are boring, it's all about supporting the home team. My town drew lots of fans at last night's AAF game vs San Diego. It was a rainy night last night, but it didn't stop fans.
Boring. Who cares about another minor league football team? There's been a ton of them started and every one fails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
They play in a dome so why would rain matter last night?

San Antonio doesn't have an NFL team and Arizona does. I don't know anyone who will spend money on second rate minor league football. I watched it for 15 minutes on tv though
Agreed. Rather go to college or high school games. When I lived-in Sioux Falls they had and have an indoor team. I'd rather go to that and even that is ....who really cares?

Old 02-11-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Don't use the term "minor"
That's what it is. Minor League football.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Why not? The reality is they are a minor league...and honestly...who cares about a league that is going to be gone in a couple of years? Kind of like the XFL.
Exactly. It' just something that old men did to fill their time. Like Mike Riley, the biggest jerk in the history of football. The guy has had about 30 jobs while accomplishing nothing except enriching himself and all the time pretends to be a nice guy.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:11 PM

523 posts, read 491,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
Boring. Who cares about another minor league football team? There's been a ton of them started and every one fails.
it fails if local people fail to go see their home team, and whos the blame? the people

Old 02-11-2019, 05:40 PM

4,054 posts, read 5,070,679 times
Quote:
it fails if local people fail to go see their home team, and whos the blame? the people
If no one cares about the league even if they have a home team...does it make a noise when it implodes?

You can't make people care about some other football league just cause there happens to be a team based in their state. Besides, it is Spring Training...The Boys of Summer are back and we won't have to hear about the NFL again until August.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:05 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,688,437 times
Quote:
Salt Lake 8-16 Arizona 2nd 1m

Why the low attendance at Sun Devil?
I was there it’s 5 minutes from home, $20 a seat, a lot of former sun devils on the team and the game was fast and high scoring. I’ll be back.

Phoenix has a lot going on this time of year, you can find 20 plus events on any given night roughly from fall through May. This is a very competitive environment for sports and entertainment. I don’t think San Antonio has anywhere near the same competition for your expendable income.

Old 02-12-2019, 09:50 AM

2,767 posts, read 5,683,745 times
Quote:

You do realize that sports teams don't actually "belong" to the people. Just because some league decides to put a team in an area doesn't automatically ensure that people will go nuts in support of that team or its brand new league.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:38 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,059,676 times
I think this league's inception is sort of a reminder to me that so many people (or most) don't care about culture, education, or the arts. How some hurried, destined-to-end-badly football league that springs up out of nowhere (and literally right after another football league ends) and has logos and uniforms that look like they were just printed off of some free downloadable photoshop graphics packet is generating so much interest while people rush to pay money to see it... I just have to ask... when is the last time these same people went to a museum, or to a symphony, or to a planetarium show? If we didn't get so distracted by sports entertainment, we could do and accomplish so much more as a people. Worse, getting us involved in entertainment 24/7 is precisely what allows the powers that be the ability to literally do anything they want while we remain so uninvolved in the pressing things that matter.

I'm not trying to take a dump on anyone's new hobby, but really, did any of us need more football? I mean, I'd argue that we needed less, but more?! Phoenix, there are so many beautiful murals around town (and way more in Tucson), the Phoenix Symphony Hall is gorgeous, SMoCA is tremendous. If you have children, expose them and activate their interest in something other than football leagues and the Kardashians! Play chess! Smoke some weed! I enjoy a little sports as much as the next guy (Go Diamondbacks and A's!), but when my one life is over, I hope I literally didn't spend 25% of it watching sports.

Side note: They're called the Hotshots. That's as far as I think we need to read to know how minor league this product is.

Old 02-12-2019, 05:32 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,940,091 times
Won't make a lot of noise until they televise the games.

And not like the Suns or Dbacks who sold out to Fox Sports AZ for a quick buck. The reason the NFL succeeds with younger audiences is easy access. A slim percentage of people under 40 have cable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area