Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 08:47 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEinAz View Post
Just to be clear, the house you’re looking at is in Phoenix most likely, with a Cave Creek mailing address. Cave Creek proper doesn’t go south of Carefree Hwy. it’s a long ignored real estate scam that realtors won’t tell you about. When I asked my realtor about it she hemmed and hawed and said SHE lived in Cave Creek. I said when you dial 911, who responds? Phoenix. Who picks up your trash? Phoenix. I said, well, you live in Phoenix then . . .
Same thing as 85254. Phoenix with a Scottsdale mailing address.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 06:17 AM

2,788 posts, read 7,451,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEinAz View Post
Just to be clear, the house you’re looking at is in Phoenix most likely, with a Cave Creek mailing address. Cave Creek proper doesn’t go south of Carefree Hwy. it’s a long ignored real estate scam that realtors won’t tell you about. When I asked my realtor about it she hemmed and hawed and said SHE lived in Cave Creek. I said when you dial 911, who responds? Phoenix. Who picks up your trash? Phoenix. I said, well, you live in Phoenix then . . .

Actually, there is a small bit of Cave Creek south of the Carefree Highway, and it's right in the area specified by the OP. Here's a map of the current town boundaries:

https://www.maricopa.gov/DocumentCen...Cave-Creek-PDF

The house in question could be in Phoenix, Cave Creek, Carefree, Scottsdale, or maybe even an unincorporated county island depending on exact address. It's a weird crossroads where four municipalities meet, and some territory has only recently been annexed into one of the four.

I had friend who bought a house in that area several years ago. He told me it took several days of calling different municipal governments and being transferred to different people to finally figure out who was responsible for his trash collection.

In terms of 911 response, the local fire departments have mutual assistance agreements, so if there's an emergency, whichever fire department is closest and available at the time will most likely respond. That's for fire or medical emergencies. If it's a call to report a burglary, I believe that will be handled by the law enforcement agency in whose jurisdiction the address lies.

Last edited by exit2lef; 03-13-2019 at 06:29 AM..

Old 03-13-2019, 10:08 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,910,231 times
Regardless of which city border your house winds up being in, that is one beautiful area.

Old 03-13-2019, 07:35 PM

186 posts, read 195,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
Actually, there is a small bit of Cave Creek south of the Carefree Highway, and it's right in the area specified by the OP. Here's a map of the current town boundaries:

https://www.maricopa.gov/DocumentCen...Cave-Creek-PDF

The house in question could be in Phoenix, Cave Creek, Carefree, Scottsdale, or maybe even an unincorporated county island depending on exact address. It's a weird crossroads where four municipalities meet, and some territory has only recently been annexed into one of the four.

I had friend who bought a house in that area several years ago. He told me it took several days of calling different municipal governments and being transferred to different people to finally figure out who was responsible for his trash collection.

In terms of 911 response, the local fire departments have mutual assistance agreements, so if there's an emergency, whichever fire department is closest and available at the time will most likely respond. That's for fire or medical emergencies. If it's a call to report a burglary, I believe that will be handled by the law enforcement agency in whose jurisdiction the address lies.
Thanks for the correction.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:51 PM

310 posts, read 446,916 times
Default Cave Creek Landfill near Dove Valley Golf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
Okay. That's near where Cave Creek Road intersects the Carefree Highway, so it's understandable the two got mixed in your question.

Highway noise -- I don't imagine it will be too bad. The Carefree Highway is more an arterial street than a freeway.

Stars at night -- As stated above, you'd have to go farther from the metro area to gain much visibility.

Wash -- As stated above, pets should be kept indoors most of the time.

Other considerations:

Pro: Near good hiking trails, especially Cave Creek Regional Park and Spur Cross Ranch

Con: A long commute to most employment centers
Thank you! One other question, since you seem to know the area - I notice there is a “Cave Creek Landfill” off of E Carefree near Dove Valley Ranch Golf Course. Is that an actual Landfill or where you drop garbage off? I’m concerned about the Landfill expanding, and the smell it gives off, especially with wind. Thx

Old 03-15-2019, 03:20 AM

2,788 posts, read 7,451,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunaimer View Post
Thank you! One other question, since you seem to know the area - I notice there is a “Cave Creek Landfill” off of E Carefree near Dove Valley Ranch Golf Course. Is that an actual Landfill or where you drop garbage off? I’m concerned about the Landfill expanding, and the smell it gives off, especially with wind. Thx
I'd never heard of this facility, but a quick check of the town's website shows it to be currently functioning as a transfer site, not an active landfill.

Cave Creek, AZ - Official Site - Recycling & Waste

Old 03-15-2019, 03:39 AM

2,140 posts, read 362,189 times
I always figured that anything in the valley can be called Phoenix. It’s a bunch of communities in the same valley with different blots of wealth, no? Paradise village or valley was hot last year condo wise.

Disappointing to hear about the labeling trick. I lived in the north valley when there was nothing there over a decade ago... walk outside, nothing but desert. Now it’s cookie cutter houses, Walmart, traffic... arroyo was a thing, now it’s a street name.

Old 03-16-2019, 01:05 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,743,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwing View Post
I always figured that anything in the valley can be called Phoenix. It’s a bunch of communities in the same valley with different blots of wealth, no? Paradise village or valley was hot last year condo wise.
What something is called is pretty much irrelevant, but Phoenix is a city with city limits, ordinances, police and fire departments, zoning, etc. What city or town (or unincorporated county land) one's home is in can be significant.

Paradise Valley Village is an "urban village" within the city of Phoenix.

Paradise Valley town is a separate incorporated town.

Paradise Valley Unified School District contains parts of Phoenix and Scottsdale, but not Paradise Valley town.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:49 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,147,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I think you’re right.

It’s really close to what one agent called “North North Scottsdale” but sadly, not within the city boundaries.

We had two agents try to sell us the “This house isn’t in Phoenix, it’s in Scottsdale” line of bull on various houses.
Heh...reminds me of a family member that insists that they live in Scottsdale...sorry dude, Happy Valley and 1-10 is NOT Scottsdale.

Old 03-18-2019, 10:47 AM

126 posts, read 104,998 times
As long as two cities share a zip code (or multiple zip codes), there will be people who will be able to get away with saying they're in "Scottsdale" when it's really within Phoenix city limits. Off the top of my head, there are zip codes for Glendale and Tolleson that are shared with parts of Phoenix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area