Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 03:19 PM

30,994 posts, read 22,039,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
First of all, stop assuming everyone living there is a Republican or conservative

There are a lot of Democrats and liberals in Tempe, Downtown Phoenix, Flagstaff, Sedona, Bisbee, parts of Tucson, Yuma and the Navajo, Hopi and Apache Reservations -- basically, all the interesting parts of the state!

Most actual native Arizonans are moderate-to-liberal, they're just vastly outnumbered by people like you.
We are? Im a 4th generation native and I don't see it that way at all. Even during the last election cycle not a single Democrat sign said the world "Liberal" on it. Plenty of Republican signs said "Conservative" though, almost all. Even Kirsten's signs all said "Independant" on them.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:21 PM

4,068 posts, read 5,138,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
First of all, stop assuming everyone living there is a Republican or conservative

There are a lot of Democrats and liberals in Tempe, Downtown Phoenix, Flagstaff, Sedona, Bisbee, parts of Tucson, Yuma and the Navajo, Hopi and Apache Reservations -- basically, all the interesting parts of the state!

Most actual native Arizonans are moderate-to-liberal, they're just vastly outnumbered by people like you.
I wouldn't say "vastly outnumbered" per se...just remember that Trump only won this state by 3%. Sure there are a lot of Republicans (1.3M) in this state but there are almost as many Democrats (1.2M) with Independents coming in Second (1.25M). It is a lot better mix than the "Land of Nuts and Berries" over there but I wouldn't say we are a Red stronghold anymore.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:31 PM

6,294 posts, read 4,190,085 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Been here a year and neighbours are pretty quiet and keep to themselves , have no clue what their politics are and don’t need to. Likewise they have no need to know who I vote for.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-21-2019 at 08:03 PM..

Old 03-21-2019, 08:07 PM

44,346 posts, read 20,044,222 times
This thread quickly took a nosedive. People, remember that personal attacks violate the Terms of Service and are not tolerated here. If you don't like a topic, then move on to another thread. Numerous inappropriate posts have been deleted. In order to keep the thread from devolving into another mess, I'm closing it.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area