Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 02:16 AM

3,365 posts, read 5,233,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Has this actually been announced or is it just rumor at this point?
Even announced is meaningless for Surprise. Wasn't a massive shopping plaza/homes announced for Waddell and the 303 or around there like 10+ years ago? Prasada or something like that, I think the old signs are still up on those huge vacant lots too. Last I heard about the project was a few years ago where they were talking it up again and at the same time they have spent $10mil, tax dollars mind you, so far on basically nothing.

Until doors actually open on anything in Surprise it is all rumor. That's probably why home prices are kinda poor out there compared to other far out areas, like Anthem, Verrado, and Vistancia. The city has done an abysmal job at finding and funding any good projects to add some life to the area; and the schools being mostly garbage doesn't help either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2019, 02:49 AM

2,773 posts, read 5,722,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
Even announced is meaningless for Surprise. Wasn't a massive shopping plaza/homes announced for Waddell and the 303 or around there like 10+ years ago? Prasada or something like that, I think the old signs are still up on those huge vacant lots too. Last I heard about the project was a few years ago where they were talking it up again and at the same time they have spent $10mil, tax dollars mind you, so far on basically nothing.

Until doors actually open on anything in Surprise it is all rumor. That's probably why home prices are kinda poor out there compared to other far out areas, like Anthem, Verrado, and Vistancia. The city has done an abysmal job at finding and funding any good projects to add some life to the area; and the schools being mostly garbage doesn't help either.

Wasn't aware of any 10 mil. Where's that from?

I do agree on the rumor stuff, nothing is final til it opens. There was supposed to be a Fry's development at Sarival and Peoria 1 or 2 years ago, even had city guys assuring me it was a done deal. Never happened.

Old 04-06-2019, 08:20 AM

743 posts, read 875,129 times
Quote:
Has this actually been announced or is it just rumor at this point?
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...rs/2818222002/

My husband spoke with the real estate team when they were down here in Nov. 2018. My husband works for Costco.

Old 04-06-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Wasn't aware of any 10 mil. Where's that from?

I do agree on the rumor stuff, nothing is final til it opens. There was supposed to be a Fry's development at Sarival and Peoria 1 or 2 years ago, even had city guys assuring me it was a done deal. Never happened.
There was also supposed to be a Fry's on Jackrabbit and I. School. The signage and infrastructure are there, but Fry's has delayed, indefinitely, building any new locations.

Old 04-06-2019, 11:20 AM

2,773 posts, read 5,722,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGS4EVER View Post

My husband spoke with the real estate team when they were down here in Nov. 2018. My husband works for Costco.

That article says right in it that nothing is confirmed and "The retailer could change its mind between now and the ribbon cutting."

I'll be less skeptical when they secure land and they file with P&Z.

Old 04-06-2019, 11:40 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,217,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGS4EVER View Post

That is far from confirmation. Maybe you didn't see the articles about the malls coming to Goodyear and Surprise that never materialized?

Old 04-06-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
That is far from confirmation. Maybe you didn't see the articles about the malls coming to Goodyear and Surprise that never materialized?
Geez, okay negative people. Those malls were proposed back in 2008. I think we can all agree that 2008 wasn't a great year for expansion for any companies.

Let's get back to the original post about Whole Foods...sorry OP. Didn't think my comment would spark such negative Nancy's. I was just trying to build some excitement for a Costco that has been needed in the area for a long time.

Old 04-06-2019, 10:05 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,233,336 times
Negative? Realistic. They started talking about Prasada, and spending tax dollars on it, in 2005, not 2008. Surprise is a bust, only good thing about it is the cheap housing. I've got a few rentals out there and they are some of my worst performing properties. If they would have taken those tax dollars and spent them on their schools it might be a better place to raise a family.

This is the article I was talking about, published in 2016 and still no activity in the area 3 years later.

Quote:
Already, taxpayers have spent $9.2 million.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.azc...m/amp/94998800

Old 04-06-2019, 11:28 PM

567 posts, read 787,172 times
They were going to build one west of Arrowhead, as I recall, but then there was the real estate crash, and it was scrapped.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:53 AM

550 posts, read 1,125,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Amazon announced a third round of price cuts for Whole Foods on Monday and not just for Prime shoppers. They are struggling to attract customers apparently. Keep up. It's really not surprising their deals for Prime flopped. Prime shoppers are bargain hunters almost by definition. Why would they go to Whole Foods and overpay? They are more of a Costco crowd. I think there is a Costco in Surprise. Along with Sprouts (and Winco, of course) what need would they have for WF?

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a27...on-price-cuts/
There is no Costco in Surprise for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area