Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 05:56 PM

95 posts, read 162,214 times

Advertisements

Which community is better and why? Differences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2019, 06:47 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,176,099 times
I don't think there is a better or worse. Sun City is the original. It is older, more affordable. Sun City was established in approx 1968 and continued building into the early 1980s. When the builder, Del Webb, ran out of space in Sun City they started Sun City West. Sun City West started in the late 1970s and continued up until recent times. It is further north & west than the original community.

When you talk about these communities you need to be aware of the actual Sun City / Sun City West adult developments and other developments that have Sun City / Sun City West addresses.

One of the nice things about being a resident of either community is access to the recreation centers which include swimming pools, health clubs, golf, libraries, bowling, and activities of all types. Also important that the two communities are exempt from school taxes so your annual property tax bill will be much lower.

But there are also communities that carry Sun City / Sun City West addresses that may not have access to the recreation centers or may have their own amenities. They may not be exempt from school taxes.

So shop carefully when you consider Sun City / Sun City West. There are many faces to the Sun Cities.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:07 PM

8,271 posts, read 8,655,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggo44 View Post
Which community is better and why? Differences?
You have asked this before year after year after year.

Are you ever going to buy a place?

Old 04-14-2019, 02:29 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
You have asked this before year after year after year.

Are you ever going to buy a place?
What I find odd is that in November of 2011 the OP said that he was an empty nester in one of his posts and 2 years later in December of 2013 he said that he is was a young, male, single relocating for his first job out of college .

Seems rather odd to me. I guess that he could have let his adult child use his account, though you are not supposed to, but something does seem a little amiss.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/21534673-post1.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/32702707-post1.html

Old 04-14-2019, 07:55 AM

3,165 posts, read 1,155,635 times
Sun City vs. SunCity West...

Id say the final score would be 24 to 17 West wins.

Oh, my bad, I thought this was football !!

Old 04-14-2019, 08:42 AM

9,742 posts, read 11,163,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
What I find odd is that in November of 2011 the OP said that he was an empty nester in one of his posts and 2 years later in December of 2013 he said that he is was a young, male, single relocating for his first job out of college .

Seems rather odd to me. I guess that he could have let his adult child use his account, though you are not supposed to, but something does seem a little amiss.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/21534673-post1.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/32702707-post1.html
One thing we can say for sure, the opp struggles to make a location decision.

Old 04-14-2019, 02:37 PM

8,271 posts, read 8,655,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
One thing we can say for sure, the opp struggles to make a location decision.
He is also anti golf but considers Sun City with our 11 courses.

Old 04-14-2019, 04:33 PM

9,742 posts, read 11,163,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
He is also anti golf but considers Sun City with our 11 courses.
Hey, I resemble that! The perfect golf course would have 6 holes because after that, I get board. But I've been staring at two style of properties. PHX homes on a golf course and homes on water. I golf once every 2 years (and occasionally break a 100). But I love the GREEN views!

Also, driving into Sun City Grand, Pebble Creek, and especially Trilogy is impressive to the eyes for ONE reason; golf!

Old 04-20-2019, 01:15 AM

576 posts, read 831,416 times
In case the OP (or anyone else) is genuinelly interested in this, 3.5 years ago, when I bought, I was looking at both communities. I ended up in SCW only because that was where I found a house that suited me the best, not because of any preference from one community to the other. However, since that time, I realized that the houses in SC are more run down (although not terribly so), traffic is worse in SC (because of all the through streets), and the clubs that SC offered at the time would not have been as suitable FOR ME as those I have found in SCW. It also seems like the crime rate is a little higher in SC, but I do not have statistics to back that up - it is just personal observation. These were not things I had considered at the time of my purchase, but I realize now that I am glad I am in SCW because of these points.

Having said that, everyone is different. Some may prefer certain clubs in SC over those in SCW, some may prefer the floor plans offered in SC over those in SCW, some may like the "closer in" location of SC, etc. My point is to consider all the variables and prioritize what is most important for you.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:32 PM

720 posts, read 734,516 times
In the case you're interested in a retirement community without hoa or community fees - check out Dreamland Villas in Mesa -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area