Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 04:06 PM

811 posts, read 621,552 times

Advertisements

Sorry for radio silence but I do have a life that doesn’t include City Data. Traveling so haven’t been checking posts. However, I DO appreciate everyone’s input.

For starters, I have no intentions of killing or wrestling this cat. Being a Phx native I have a fond appreciation for desert splendor and all that comes with it; even rattlesnakes and 4-legged predators. The roof underlayment does need replacing and we’re planning a remodel in the winter but that doesn’t mean I want leaks in the meantime.

Been monitoring its home life to figure out when I can seal the hole with my chicken wire and shiny new Dewalt staple gun. It seems to go hunting the exact same time that we sleep. We go to bed at 9p and it’s scratching around on the drywall between the trusses. I’m up at 4a and I can still hear it up there. So it’s either calling for take-out or it has excellent hunting prowess.

As for what it’s eating? I’m pretty sure the hair covered turds mean rodents or bunnies. Haven’t found any cat collars on the roof which is unfortunate. We are concerned that when the roof and plywood comes off during our remodel it’s going to look like Tales of the Crypt in our attic space. Can’t even imagine all of the rodent bones we’ll find. Gross.

My next move is to mount 2 Blink cameras on the roof to activate my phone when he/she comes and goes. Should be interesting to watch THAT.

Stay tuned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2019, 06:41 PM

186 posts, read 195,164 times
Need heavy hardware cloth or expanded metal. Chicken wire is no match for a squirrel let alone a bobcat.

Old 04-27-2019, 10:13 AM

843 posts, read 562,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post

As for what it’s eating? I’m pretty sure the hair covered turds mean rodents or bunnies. Haven’t found any cat collars on the roof which is unfortunate. We are concerned that when the roof and plywood comes off during our remodel it’s going to look like Tales of the Crypt in our attic space. Can’t even imagine all of the rodent bones we’ll find. Gross.

My next move is to mount 2 Blink cameras on the roof to activate my phone when he/she comes and goes. Should be interesting to watch THAT.

Stay tuned.
Interesting. Roof rats? I have never seen any but I hear they exist. Hopefully they aren't in your house but it does make you wonder. Although just about anything it eats will be hair covered.

Old 04-28-2019, 05:15 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,561,223 times
Quote:

Stay tuned.
Prepare to be entertained and/or horrified. I put up some Blinks at our place and was entertained/horrified to learn raccoons and coyotes appear to use the top of a concrete retaining wall behind the house at 1:37 am (+/- 10 minutes like clockwork) much like the HOV lane on the 101...

Old 05-02-2019, 12:08 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
Quote:
Sorry for radio silence but I do have a life that doesn’t include City Data.

What?! Heresy!

Quote:
So it’s either calling for take-out or it has excellent hunting prowess.
Doordash for Wildlife: Coming to a phone screen near you.

Quote:

Cool!

Old 05-03-2019, 03:15 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,959,480 times
Look on the bright side... at least its not a mountain lion.

Old 05-03-2019, 06:41 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,223,226 times
Are you sure it is a bobcat? Maybe it is some guy name Bob who hasn't shaved in a while

Old 05-03-2019, 06:56 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
How about when the Kitty Kat is on the prowl, and out of your attic, seal up its means of entry? Either that or make him/her your very own. A friend of mine in Denver has a full bred Bobcat as a house pet, but he raised it from a kitten.

Old 05-03-2019, 07:07 PM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How about when the Kitty Kat is on the prowl, and out of your attic, seal up its means of entry? Either that or make him/her your very own. A friend of mine in Denver has a full bred Bobcat as a house pet, but he raised it from a kitten.
Can they be domesticated? Tigers are not safe, for example. Leopards even worse.

Old 05-04-2019, 02:25 PM

24,447 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Can they be domesticated? Tigers are not safe, for example. Leopards even worse.
See video in post 30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area