Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 10:11 AM

872 posts, read 998,915 times

Advertisements

There are plans for high rises. Maybe the city of Phoenix is thinking up instead of out now?

https://kjzz.org/content/848276/high...ix-transit-hub
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 02:09 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,627,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnvlv247 View Post
There are plans for high rises. Maybe the city of Phoenix is thinking up instead of out now?

https://kjzz.org/content/848276/high...ix-transit-hub
This is a dynamic city. The city is planning for both upward and outward growth, not one or the other.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:52 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,339,621 times
With the exception of the reservation issue - I think growth PATTERNS are about the same as before the crash - not as many yet in the exurbs as it was in the 2000s - but believe me - as the article mentions - Casa Grande is back on the growth path. Houses being built everywhere you look and this is BEFORE the groundbreaking of Lucid Motors and Nikola Motors.

Pinal County on a percentage basis is actually growing FASTER than Maricopa County - 19% over the eight years released in the census report the other day - versus 15% for Maricopa.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:20 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post
With the exception of the reservation issue - I think growth PATTERNS are about the same as before the crash - not as many yet in the exurbs as it was in the 2000s - but believe me - as the article mentions - Casa Grande is back on the growth path. Houses being built everywhere you look and this is BEFORE the groundbreaking of Lucid Motors and Nikola Motors.

Pinal County on a percentage basis is actually growing FASTER than Maricopa County - 19% over the eight years released in the census report the other day - versus 15% for Maricopa.
To be fair, Maricopa County is a lot larger than Pinal County so a percentage basis is a little misleading.

Old 04-24-2019, 04:22 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,627,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post

What is happening with Phoenix Mart, Dreamport Village, or the high performance race track that were all supposed to come to Pinal? It seems like developers have a pretty apparent track record of over promising and not delivering. What about other major employers? I have a feeling Pinal will just continue adding people left and right because housing prices are significantly cheaper there than in most of urban and suburban Maricopa County. Most of these people will just pour onto the 10 daily to make the drive to the immediate Phoenix area for work and entertainment.

Maricopa County was adding an average of around 100,000 people per year leading up to 2008. We are still adding between 80k-90k. Funding for ADOT is also way down from where it was before the recession. This may look like a repeat of the early and middle part of last decade, but it’s not.

Old 04-24-2019, 04:25 PM

3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times
I know my idea might not be popular, but the city of Phoenix should consolidate into its own county. It's growing at a considerable rate and would be managed better.

Old 04-24-2019, 04:27 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
I know my idea might not be popular, but the city of Phoenix should consolidate into its own county. It's growing at a considerable rate and would be managed better.
That’s the opposite of consolidation

Old 04-24-2019, 05:17 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,233,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
You think a city of 1.6million in a metro of 4.7 million should be it's own county? Not that Maricopa county provides the cities within it with much of any services, the county basically exist to police Sun City (not an incorporated city) and the other, smaller, county islands.

Old 04-24-2019, 05:51 PM

3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
You think a city of 1.6million in a metro of 4.7 million should be it's own county? Not that Maricopa county provides the cities within it with much of any services, the county basically exist to police Sun City (not an incorporated city) and the other, smaller, county islands.
I didn't know about that, learn something new everyday.

Old 04-24-2019, 09:32 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,339,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
This is a bit simplistic don't you think?

The county provides jail, court, voting, air quality, and dozens of other countywide functions....

Could each city provide these on their own, or transfer them to the state? Yes. But the county does more than provide unincorporated area police services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area