Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2019, 08:32 PM

2 posts, read 1,429 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I apologise if this has been discussed many times over, but I couldn't find a specific thread.

I may have a tech job opportunity located in the Deer Valley area (Honeywell). I do have a wife and 2 year old, so we're trying to research different neighborhoods, keeping the commute in mind.

We were starting to look into Peoria (ex. Fletcher Heights), which is only 10-12 miles away; although, I've read that the 101 in that area can be pretty terrible.

Any input is much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 09:20 PM

2,151 posts, read 5,157,232 times
I am assuming you mean the Honeywell site at 19th Ave and Lone Cactus (just south of Deer Valley Rd)?

IMO you will be OK. The commute from Fletcher Heights will be no problem. The Loop 101 in that section can get a little congested at times, but it is not nearly as bad as other areas of the valley. As an alternative, you can jog up to Pinnacle Peak Rd. and down again. But I don't think it will be necessary.

Pretty much anywhere in that area north of the 101 will work for you.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:39 PM

2 posts, read 1,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZJoeD View Post
I am assuming you mean the Honeywell site at 19th Ave and Lone Cactus (just south of Deer Valley Rd)?

IMO you will be OK. The commute from Fletcher Heights will be no problem. The Loop 101 in that section can get a little congested at times, but it is not nearly as bad as other areas of the valley. As an alternative, you can jog up to Pinnacle Peak Rd. and down again. But I don't think it will be necessary.

Pretty much anywhere in that area north of the 101 will work for you.
Thanks for the reply! And yes, the Honeywell on 19th and Lone Cactus.

Would you have some suggestions on family friendly areas that may be worth looking into, perhaps no more than a 30 minute commute?

Old 04-24-2019, 02:21 AM

3,365 posts, read 5,210,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek_07 View Post

Would you have some suggestions on family friendly areas that may be worth looking into, perhaps no more than a 30 minute commute?
Pretty much all of North Peoria. With the 303 you can probably even get there in 30 from parts of Vistancia, it has very limited amenities so I'd avoid it though just making a point.

Old 04-28-2019, 11:43 PM

43 posts, read 31,930 times
Moon Valley area (roughly thunderbird road north to bell road, 7th Street to 19th ave,). Family friendly, good schools (Lookout Mountain Elem , Mountain Sky Middle, THS). Know at least 5 families with a parent that works at that Honeywell. Super short commute.

Old 04-30-2019, 04:27 PM

2,151 posts, read 5,157,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek_07 View Post

You probably want to look in the Sonoran Foothills/ Norterra area. Very nice newer homes. Also Stetson Valley / Stetson Hills. Both will be in the Deer Valley school district.

You might be interested in Rock Springs also. It is a little farther north but less traffic up there. About 12 miles to Honeywell. Deer Valley schools.

One other area that I like in Anthem. great community. Loads of amenities. Schools right in the community.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:28 PM

4,063 posts, read 5,107,616 times
Just remember...or take with a grain of salt...that people complaining about traffic are usually long time residents or from small towns. We don't even make the top 10:

Forbes: Cities with the worst traffic

Compared to other major US cities, Phoenix commuters have it easy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area