Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 01:42 PM

3,407 posts, read 4,626,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
Do not let liberals get a toe hold and infect AZ with their progressive notions.
AZ will be ruined like they did to California with a decade.
And AZ does not have the economic engine of Silicon Valley to prop it up.

I'm doing my part to get as many common sense people over here.

If a Republican majority here did to the Democrats what the Democrat Majority did to Republicans in California, the AZ Blues would be extremely unhappy.
They don't learn and never will, because they don't give two schits.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:47 PM

306 posts, read 335,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post

....yet...they want the people bringing these things to leave their brains, their intellect and their political philosophies at the state line and become hard-care libertarian, Bible-thumpers?
I'm pretty hard core Libertarian, but not religious. I didn't know there was a link there.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:56 PM

2,772 posts, read 5,721,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint8ball View Post
It sucks that we're force to choose from 1 of 2 parties. I'd like to think there are many that would appreciate other options. For me, it's socially liberal BUT fiscally conservative. Do what you want as long as it doesn't negatively impact me or others...and you can afford it. Limit government spending and social welfare. Maximize individual responsibility. Anybody? The false dichotomy we're force fed sickens me.

You're onto to it here. Both political parties continuously fail to deliver on what are their supposed core issues. The end result is the taxpayer is left holding the bag (and it's usually filled with $h**).
The real question should be: if AZ is to become the next state controlled by the Dems, which supposedly successful state will we emulate?

Old 04-25-2019, 02:06 PM

656 posts, read 812,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint8ball View Post
It sucks that we're force to choose from 1 of 2 parties. I'd like to think there are many that would appreciate other options. For me, it's socially liberal BUT fiscally conservative. Do what you want as long as it doesn't negatively impact me or others...and you can afford it. Limit government spending and social welfare. Maximize individual responsibility. Anybody? The false dichotomy we're force fed sickens me.

Sounds like libertarianism, which I was told existed here once.

Old 04-25-2019, 02:32 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,627,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnvlv247 View Post
I blame millenials and AZ supporting RINOs like McCain and Flake
Millennials were born between 1983-2000ish. McCain was first elected in 1982. Something is not adding up with your idea that millennials were responsible for John McCain being elected.

Old 04-25-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by More Rock View Post
Yep, but some think it's a bad word, so sometimes I prefer to discuss the platform instead

Old 04-25-2019, 02:34 PM

872 posts, read 998,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
Millennials were born between 1983-2000ish. McCain was first elected in 1982. Something is not adding up with your idea that millennials were responsible for John McCain being elected.
Millenials voting in Democrats and other progressive crazies like Sinema

Anyone else voting McCain

I wasn't making a correlation, it was 2 statements

Old 04-25-2019, 02:37 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,633,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnvlv247 View Post
Millenials voting in Democrats and other progressive crazies like Sinema

Anyone else voting McCain

I wasn't making a correlation, it was 2 statements
You seem to be desperately reaching to assign “blame”. Sinema ran a far superior campaign and the better candidate won. You need to look at the vote totals and take a look at our current demographics if you think she won because of millennials.

Unfortunately, I think most/all republican politicians are RINOs. I've not seen much evidence of attempting to limit government and/or federal spending, let alone realizing it. And now with Trump, republican politics has a frightening theocratic nature. I hope it's just a blip on the radar.

3,049 posts, read 4,542,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by More Rock View Post
Libertarianism is like Communism. It only works -- in its purest form -- in small, homogenous populations where people share values and everything is mutually agreed upon. It renders itself ineffective the larger and more diverse a population gets.

Just like Communism, Libertarianism is a fringe ideology with a longer track record of abject failure than success. All you really need to do is look at the founders at the root of these ideologies to see the hypocrisy:

Karl Marx was born into a privileged, comfortable life.

Ayn Rand went to her death bed using welfare, food stamps and government aide.

The Short, Unhappy Life of a Libertarian Paradise:
https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...america-215313

"I've Seen All Sorts of Horrific Things in My Time. But None as Detrimental to the Country as This"
https://newrepublic.com/article/1205...l-country-this

Atlas Mugged: How a Libertarian Paradise in Chile Fell Apart.
https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/b...ged-922-v21n10
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area