Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 01:26 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,256,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliu953 View Post
Maybe on the 8-5 I can Lyft or Uber it to work and leave my car at home.
Let someone else deal with the traffic.
You could, but you have to consider that you'd be riding in a car which was shared by other people ... many of whom don't regard cleanliness as a priority. It's really not much better than public transit as far as that goes. Also, I heard the other day that the increased number of ride share vehicles have actually increased traffic congestion by over 20% in many locations ... which is the opposite of what they were intended to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 02:26 PM

66 posts, read 45,581 times
@Valley Native
I use Lyft a lot. The only thing I get is the occasional unfriendly driver but the cars are pretty clean.
I think you're right though about traffic being thicker.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:04 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,256,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliu953 View Post
@Valley Native
I use Lyft a lot. The only thing I get is the occasional unfriendly driver but the cars are pretty clean.
I think you're right though about traffic being thicker.
I don't know about clean. My ex girlfriend drives for Uber on the side, and she has told some pretty horrid stories about some of her rides: people who were drunk & stoned out of their minds, puked in her car, smelled like a dead animal. Uber & Lyft are basically a cheaper taxi service, and pretty much anybody who has a DL can drive for them. Just something to think about.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:34 PM

66 posts, read 45,581 times
Traffic on 101 is thick both ways.

Pretty wild.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: