Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 06:27 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,322,631 times

Advertisements

Oh my G-d! Could the air get any thicker than today with all the dust in the wind???

My allergies have never been this bad before! Goodness Gracious!

I wake up and my eyes are all itchy, my daughter's are crusty shut, my nose is bleeding, my throat is just about closed up! We are both sneezing in unison! My head has been pounding non-stop for days!

I love the sunshine, but oh, what I wouldn't do for this wind to die down! Did you see how red the sunset was last night? Afterward, the clouds looked dusty and even the MOON looked blurry!

I was hoping that with all this rain, at least the desert in bloom would be spectacular, but I haven't even seen much of that. What happened there? Is it too early yet??? I thought with all the rain we had this past winter at least there would be beautiful blooms gracing the roads for me to admire while I'm blowing my nose!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 06:45 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
Oh my G-d! Could the air get any thicker than today with all the dust in the wind???

I wake up and my eyes are all itchy, my daughter's are crusty shut, my nose is bleeding, my throat is just about closed up! We are both sneezing in unison! My head has been pounding non-stop for days!

I love the sunshine, but oh, what I wouldn't do for this wind to die down! Did you see how red the sunset was last night? Afterward, the clouds looked dusty and even the MOON looked blurry!

I was hoping that with all this rain, at least the desert in bloom would be spectacular, but I haven't even seen much of that. What happened there? Is it too early yet??? I thought with all the rain we had this past winter at least there would be beautiful blooms gracing the roads for me to admire while I'm blowing my nose!
It did not rain in March chocking off the spring flowers and drying everything out. We are doomed. I agree, it's been nasty. Humidity has been running a whopping 2% in the afternoon too. The wind should die down for a day or so before kicking up again next week.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:31 PM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Well blame the weathermen, that's what everyone does, never mother nature. Funny you mention those non exsisting flowers. A month ago the desert was blooming like crazy with an abundance of beautiful clear sharp photo opportunity flowers.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:31 PM

307 posts, read 954,114 times
Default boogers!

Yep, I did have to blow some dry boogers out...

Old 04-16-2008, 10:16 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,955,153 times
Quote:

My husbands allergies are kicking his butt again. I did notice the thick brown air this morning, I thought something was burning......

Old 04-17-2008, 10:06 AM

Default We are doomed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It did not rain in March chocking off the spring flowers and drying everything out. We are doomed. I agree, it's been nasty. Humidity has been running a whopping 2% in the afternoon too. The wind should die down for a day or so before kicking up again next week.
That's what I love about you! You're always so positive! Ha ha ha.
Well, I'm off to the doctor's to ask what to take since the headaches are quite bothersome. I've always had "some" reaction, but this year it seems so much worse for me. Anyone out there who's allergies are actually BETTER because of the rain? I suppose that could happen too!

Old 04-17-2008, 10:08 AM

Default Shoot, I must have missed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Well blame the weathermen, that's what everyone does, never mother nature. Funny you mention those non exsisting flowers. A month ago the desert was blooming like crazy with an abundance of beautiful clear sharp photo opportunity flowers.
Really? Darn, I must have missed them! Don't get me wrong, I see blooms around, I was just expecting this big fireworks show.
I must have not gone in the right directions.
Bummer. I know how pretty it can be!

Old 04-17-2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
My husbands allergies are kicking his butt again. I did notice the thick brown air this morning, I thought something was burning......
Just our lungs.....LOL

Old 04-17-2008, 01:45 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:

Come on up! 74 degrees with a perfect 33% humidity rating.
Aurora, Illinois (60502) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground

I feel your pain though. My allergies got bad up here too 2 weekends ago. I was sneezing and my nose itched almost non-stop all day, and my eyes were watering like mad. My allergies havent kicked my arse since then, knock on wood.

Old 04-17-2008, 02:07 PM

338 posts, read 1,624,636 times
Yep it's been horrible for the past month. My allergies are the worst they've been in 13 years. It's BRUTAL! 100 plus temps will be a blessing in disguise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area