U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 06:13 PM

2,943 posts, read 3,573,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard9080 View Post
I grew up in Phoenix and I'm SO GLAD I left. The desert is so boring compared to the rest of the country. I love the ocean, and I love the green forests, changing of the seasons, cool weather.

There is also a redneck mentality in AZ that is so annoying. Go inside any strip mall restaurant in Phx and count all the baseball hats you see - to see what I'm talking about.
Nothing like seeing an old thread bumped with a bunch of nonsense....

If one thinks it is boring here, it is because they never picked up a copy of Arizona Highways and never explored.

Arizona Highways Magazine - Scenic Arizona Photography, Arizona Maps, Arizona Souvenirs

Old 12-07-2010, 07:30 PM
YAZ

6,121 posts, read 6,362,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Oh, how sweet! You long for a black ghetto like a real city, huh? Maybe we can round them up and put them in dilapidated high rises along the freeway like St. Louis. And build a China town to keep those people in too. Then you would know where they are. Would a little obvious racism make you like Phoenix a little more? Would it round out your urban experience for you? Would it make it feel more like "back home"?

Did it ever occur to you that the reason you do not see a concentration of blacks is possibly because Black people want to live in the same nice places that the white people do and that Phoenix is one of the few US cities where that is the norm? Nah, you are too busy conjuring up nonsense like "black people are afraid to drive to Mesa" to figure it out.

Oh my God!

We have black people in our neighborhood!

Can you believe it?

There's some hispanic lookin' ones too!

Some Asians, some Middle Easterners......et al....

Shooda moved to Mesa...

Good one, Ponderosa!
Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area