U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 01:20 PM

50 posts, read 181,425 times
NewandLonely. You are obviously going through a very rough time in your private life right now. You have my genuine sympathy. As I'm sure you know, life is a series of peaks and valleys and you are certainly in a valley right now. Things will surely improve for you over the passage of time, although it probably doesn't look that way now. I wish you better days ahead.

I am 65 years old and have seen a lot of things decline in those years. The way things once were is never coming back. I don't like it but I can't change that situation - so I refuse to let it depress me. It's just life. Believe it or not, these are someone's "good ole days"!

Hang in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 05:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,016 times
Default You can bring all the stores to Casa Grande

but you are not going to get the service! Ah-So is horrible for a high end restaurant. You can walk in and not even be acknowledged. Takes an hour to recieve our order nearly every time we have gone. Finally gave up due to the bartender Joe that had been there since the original opening has been MIA for a while. New girl doesn't have a clue how to make drinks. Sorry, but if I am going to spend my money in a place like that, I expect to be entertained.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:09 AM

643 posts, read 812,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAndLonely View Post
Chain stores are a good thing??? I won't shop at them, e.g. Sam Walton makes billions off Wal-Mart while the employees are paid minimum wage so that everyone in the family has to work, often more than one job. I don't expect "every dam town to be like Sedona"(which is a very charming and beautiful place, unlike CG), Casa Grande is one long stretch of nothing but either chain outlets or cheap, awful stores. There is very little culture here for a town that has grown so quickly, not much to do, people are not friendly, and your statements are a sad indictment of what is happening all over the USA. Chain stores put all the wonderful, interesting SMALL stores of all kinds out of business, so now you have your wish. Perhaps YOU "need" the chain stores, I never will. I will always be looking for smaller, independently-owned and run businesses, and going to Phoenix or further away for cultural events. For a state as beautiful as Arizona, CG is truly an eyesore.
Sam waltons dead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area