U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 01:12 PM

92 posts, read 116,652 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

We have family in Prescott and have been considering a move to the Phoenix area from Denver to be closer to family. I work remote and my wife is in outside sales, so location is pretty flexible.

With that said we have looked before and liked Las Sendas in Mesa, Seville in Gilbert, and Vistancia in Peoria. Area swith lots of kids/family activities..waterslides/parks/etc..

The reason we like those areas is we are looking for the following: Top notch schools (3 elementary school kids), Strong sense of community and lots of young families (not a bunch of snow birds who leave half the year), community golf, trails for hiking/running mountain biking), and a quiet and safe environment. In particular to the safety aspect we are fine if the location is a little out of the way since we don't want to be in a pocket surrounded by areas with high crime that are not far away, which seemed to be the case in the more centrally located city areas. budget is up to $500k, but we are looking for a nice, large, updated home with a pool etc. (3000sqft,5bed,3bath)

The goal is to be able to move the kids only once so we are trying to make a good choice and appreciate any suggestions, considerations, and overall wisdom some locals may be able to provide. let us know if there are areas we should consider we missed etc.

Thank you,

Angelfan760
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2019, 04:38 PM

336 posts, read 412,910 times
You may want to look at Verrado in Buckeye and the new Toll Brothers community, Sterling Grove, being built in Surprise, as well.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:14 PM

77 posts, read 26,717 times
I think you would like Gilbert.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:43 PM

2,081 posts, read 4,145,234 times
Why not Anthem (85086)? Wonderful community, excellent parks, community center, water park, etc. Good schools. Golf in the Country Club. A lot closer to Prescott than any of the others you mentioned.

Old 11-03-2019, 08:08 PM

286 posts, read 115,769 times
I would agree. Verrado or Anthem would be best for what you want. And you can probably get everything you want in your budget.

Old 11-04-2019, 05:34 AM

5,880 posts, read 7,293,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfan760 View Post
Hello everyone,

We have family in Prescott and have been considering a move to the Phoenix area from Denver to be closer to family. I work remote and my wife is in outside sales, so location is pretty flexible.

With that said we have looked before and liked Las Sendas in Mesa, Seville in Gilbert, and Vistancia in Peoria. Area swith lots of kids/family activities..waterslides/parks/etc..

The reason we like those areas is we are looking for the following: Top notch schools (3 elementary school kids), Strong sense of community and lots of young families (not a bunch of snow birds who leave half the year), community golf, trails for hiking/running mountain biking), and a quiet and safe environment. In particular to the safety aspect we are fine if the location is a little out of the way since we don't want to be in a pocket surrounded by areas with high crime that are not far away, which seemed to be the case in the more centrally located city areas. budget is up to $500k, but we are looking for a nice, large, updated home with a pool etc. (3000sqft,5bed,3bath)

The goal is to be able to move the kids only once so we are trying to make a good choice and appreciate any suggestions, considerations, and overall wisdom some locals may be able to provide. let us know if there are areas we should consider we missed etc.

Thank you,

Angelfan760
A couple quick points. Double check how many owners are snowbirds inside of Seville. When we took a clubhouse tour, I understood Seville has a large snowbird population. Unless they modified their pitch when the employee gave us a tour (we are snowbirds).

Also, you mentioned your wife is in outside sales. If she covers the entire PHX metro area (which is a MASSIVE area to cover), I'd be honing in a master planned community that is closer to her more frequent accounts. i.e., if she cover high tech, then get closer to Chandler. Did you notice the word massive? Don't under estimate my underlining etc. If she has to cover say, Surprise (NW) to San Tan (NE), it's well over an hour drive time without traffic. Good luck with your pending move.

Old 11-04-2019, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMac View Post
You may want to look at Verrado in Buckeye and the new Toll Brothers community, Sterling Grove, being built in Surprise, as well.
I didn't know about Sterling Grove. Do you know where the development is going to be located at? It looks like a very nice development. See https://www.tollbrothers.com/luxury-...kaAvf1EALw_wcB

It has a restaurant/clubhouse to dine in as well. As you probably discovered, inside of the development, there is an age restricted area as well. Scroll down to the end of the link.

Old 11-04-2019, 10:47 AM

286 posts, read 115,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I didn't know about Sterling Grove. Do you know where the development is going to be located at? It looks like a very nice development. See https://www.tollbrothers.com/luxury-...kaAvf1EALw_wcB

It has a restaurant/clubhouse to dine in as well. As you probably discovered, inside of the development, there is an age restricted area as well. Scroll down to the end of the link.
Looks like west of Cotton and south of Cactus.

Old 11-04-2019, 12:48 PM

336 posts, read 412,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post

Sterling Grove will be located west of Cotton Lane and between Cactus Road on the north and Peoria Avenue on the south. 780 acres, 2200 homes (including low maintenance “villas” and large single family homes and an age restricted section) and gated. It will feature a golf course, pool, fitness center, pickle ball courts and dining. Last year when the project was announced pricing was supposed to start in the mid-$200’s but looks like they are now starting in the low-$300‘s. No annual CFD assessment. Models are slated to open in January. (We'll be taking a look!)

I was kind of surprised to see another golf course community going in, frankly, given some of the issues golf courses (like Vistancia's) in master planned communities have faced recently.

Old 11-04-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMac View Post
Sterling Grove will be located west of Cotton Lane and between Cactus Road on the north and Peoria Avenue on the south. 780 acres, 2200 homes (including low maintenance “villas” and large single family homes and an age restricted section) and gated. It will feature a golf course, pool, fitness center, pickle ball courts and dining. Last year when the project was announced pricing was supposed to start in the mid-$200’s but looks like they are now starting in the low-$300‘s. No annual CFD assessment. Models are slated to open in January. (We'll be taking a look!)

I was kind of surprised to see another golf course community going in, frankly, given some of the issues golf courses (like Vistancia's) in master planned communities have faced recently.
Thanks for the info. Somehow, I figured you might be in the know! I positively love eating out while over looking wide open green spaces. So I welcome that development with open arms. I was out at Coco's (Sun City Grand) on Saturday over looking the course and Vic's restaurant (Victory/Verrado) last Friday. By the way, if you have not taken in the view at Vic's, check it out. You can see all the way downtown. Last Spring, I was seriously looking at a golf course lot that had close to the same view. But those jets (for me). And those double HOA fees. I digress...

I think Vistancia and its location within Peoria is more "out there" and on its own island. So getting people to golf outside of the community might be more challenging. That said, I would not want to be writing out a check for a golf course in 2019. But I suspect the course presents the area with an amazing feel that sells a lot of homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area