Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 04:22 PM

10 posts, read 54,598 times

Advertisements

this is the area where i planned to buy, however, this gives second thoughts.. whatssup?

Maricopa The Villages at Rancho El Dorado Demographics - Neighborhood Demographics (http://homes.point2.com/Neighborhood/US/Arizona/Pinal-County/Maricopa/The-Villages-at-Rancho-El-Dorado-Demographics.aspx - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 04:42 PM

551 posts, read 2,721,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
1 Murder combined with the low population will skew that stats. That is why it shows as above national average.

156 murders per 100,000 people...
By most estimates, the current population of Maricopa City is a little over 30,000. So 1 murder out of 30,000 in a year would seem to me to be much better than the greater Phoenix area.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:49 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,779,282 times
I wouldn't worry about it unless there is a pattern developing. Statistics can be very misleading. There were four people murdered one night in a farm house in Holcomb, KS in 1959. Statistically, it was one of the most dangerous places in America that year. Historically it's probably among the safest.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:21 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,063,297 times
Maricopa County does have a higher than average murder rate. Mostly due to Phoenix. The county murder rate is about 8 or 9 per 100,000 people compared to a national average of 5.5

Old 04-21-2008, 05:37 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,060,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWNMOONE View Post
this is the area where i planned to buy, however, this gives second thoughts.. whatssup?

Maricopa The Villages at Rancho El Dorado Demographics - Neighborhood Demographics (http://homes.point2.com/Neighborhood/US/Arizona/Pinal-County/Maricopa/The-Villages-at-Rancho-El-Dorado-Demographics.aspx - broken link)
Yes, I always wonder why people on here answer the high crime problem with it's only the little crimes, not the big ones, so it's no biggie. It's not true actually it is our murder rate. Now, I don't know, maybe we have more murder occur during minor break in's around here? It all goes with the city I hear, that is part of a big city, even though people debate the big city issue here too. Also, it's not that hot either. lol I wonder? It does seem to be better than most other cities though, again, from what I've heard on here. ?
Not sure. Need to travel a little and find out.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:48 PM

39,017 posts, read 51,026,383 times
Murder is a rather worthless indicator. Unless you are into drugs, smuggling people or being smuggled across the border, or in a bad relationship with a violent individual, or work the night shift at an all night liquor and convenience store in the ghetto, you are not at much risk of being a murder victim. Around here you need to watch your stuff a lot more than your back.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:58 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,060,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Murder is a rather worthless indicator. Unless you are into drugs, smuggling people or being smuggled across the border, or in a bad relationship with a violent individual, or work the night shift at an all night liquor and convenience store in the ghetto, you are not at much risk of being a murder victim. Around here you need to watch your stuff a lot more than your back.
True, true, although his data is making me think you don't have to watch your stuff as much as I had thought. We were below the danger zone on there. Very nice. I still leave my door open when I run to the store. I figure they probably would just break a window anyway and then I would have to fix that as well. XD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area