Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 01:54 PM

3 posts, read 11,659 times

Advertisements

Everyone has good things to say about their home location, can't say as I blame anyone!! Each town has it's own perks!

As far as Queen Creek-I live here and LOVE it! We got lucky and found a really nice piece of land in a box type canyon in the foothills of the San Tan's.....we have city light views with regional park behind and around us....we love the small town feel and the friendly neighbors too. I have lived in Scottsdale, near Showlow, in Gilbert and the NW valley and this is by far the friendliest bunch of people I have ever been around. Home prices are great, two hospitals are slated the area in the next two years, a mall is coming and I don't really see the need to drive anywhere soon!

I also have friends who live in Buckeye and seem to like it as well.....the only thing is that I don't live there and can only give you the positives on Queen Creek!

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 02:59 AM

26 posts, read 60,565 times
Default Az

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcjunior View Post
Hello everyone, I'm looking at relocating to Arizona, and I've found two towns that have caught my attention. Queen Creek and Buckeye. Does anyone live in either of these two towns? How do you like it? What are other's suggestions about these two towns? Which would be better? Lower crime rates? Both seem to have very affordable housing and that is what I am looking for. I hope you all can help me decide. Thanks to everyone in advance!
"It isn't always dry heat" Buckeye is an up coming town. It is growing all the time. Queen Creek you need to see the place first to see if it is where you want to live. Arizona is a type of state that either you love it or hate it. That is what I was told when I moved here about 20 years ago, If you have children of school age, please pick the area you live for the type of education. You want to find out if they have excellant teachers that are there for the students no matter if the child is very smart or has a hard time learning certain things and needs that extra help. Specially if both parents work. Plus one can not really tell you what would be the best place for you. Now for me Buckeye would be my choice. Also if you buy a new home in certain areas check to see if it is an HOA area, if it is do a lot of research on that HOA. The reason I'm telling you this, is because it has come to the point here that some will tell you what you can and can not park in your own driveway. They fined a man who came home from work with the companys truck and parked it in his driveway. To them that was a sore site and not tolerated at all. The gentleman faught it, but I did not hear the out come.
Also check for crime areas no matter where you live. You can get most of the information from the towns. Or check the towns up on the web. Good luck in your search, do not move here in the summer, it would be a hard to make an adjustment to the heat all at once. Fall or winter is really nice.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:49 PM

2 posts, read 3,760 times
Default Queen Creek or South Gilbert?

I lived in South Gilbert last year which is really close to Queen Creek and just as affordable. If you have kids the Gilbert Schools are great. They have the best ratings as far as learning and discipline out of all the surrounding cities.

Check out some of the pricing in that area you will see that its just as low and its a bit closer to jobs than Queen Creek and Buckeye. Theres a lot of commercial development going up in Gilbert too, many nice shopping areas, especially the new San Tan Development.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:40 PM

8 posts, read 48,081 times
Default Queen Creek or......

Be careful if you decide to move to Queen Creek. If you live outside of the city limits and end up in Pinal County, the schools are terrible. This would be in the Johnson Ranch and San Tan Heights areas, also the Foothills area of the San Tan Mtns. This would put you in either Coolidge or Florence school districts. Both are terrible. Coolidge has failed to meet standards in AIMS for 2 yrs in a row.
Also, if you work "in town" (Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, PHX,etc) the traffic is horrific. The San Tan Mtns are beautiful but thats about the only positive thing around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area