Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2020, 07:41 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I’m not spending anywhere near what I would if I could trust others around me to act responsibly. I have a beautiful home and everything I need so I’ll enjoy it and my disposable income will stay put with me instead of helping to rebuild our economy.
Do what you want, but the economy definitely needs a boost. I order a lot of dinners to go, but never fast food ... only from the healthier places that serve real meals. Curbside pickups at most restaurants are widely available now more than ever, so that's certainly a viable option. From my observation, all employees at those eateries are wearing masks & gloves, but a few others have mentioned that employees at places like Puke in the Box aren't wearing them. So it makes a difference in the type of restaurant you order from.

I also have a nice home in a great part of Phoenix, but I'm one who needs to get out every so often ... especially this time of year to cooler locations. That's exactly what I'll be doing starting next week: heading way up north to the land of beautiful green forests, fresh air, no pollution, no blazing sun, no blast furnace heat, no wildfires, no red flag warnings, no riots, no curfews ... and interestingly enough, no COVID 19 cases! The warmest day is expected to be about 80 degrees, and the rivers actually have something called flowing water. It'll be paradise compared to the hell pit that Phoenix usually is during the summer months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 07:48 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
I gotta say, one week in of caring for a COVID positive person, you guys don’t want this. Not only am I caring for someone who has this thing ripping through them, but for the economy first folks, I’m trapped at home until further notice. That’s not good for the economy and is frankly avoidable.

Old 06-13-2020, 07:52 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
^I agree and we’re doing some delivery and curbside stuff but nothing like normal. I wish Ducey would grasp that economic recovery is dependent not just on reopening, but consumer confidence. Many that I know are in the same boat as me and not injecting nearly as much money as they could, or normally would, into the economy. He’s really his own worst enemy with his current do nothing approach.

Old 06-13-2020, 07:55 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I gotta say, one week in of caring for a COVID positive person, you guys don’t want this. Not only am I caring for someone who has this thing ripping through them, but for the economy first folks, I’m trapped at home until further notice. That’s not good for the economy and is frankly avoidable.
Oh man, sorry to hear about your wife. Hope she sees some improvement soon.

Old 06-13-2020, 08:07 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Oh we're still supporting the economy. Spent over $100 last night on Italian food with the Door Dash fee . We have made sure to only support local places, national chains will be better off financially. One big purchase the economy has missed out on is that I was planning on purchasing a new vehicle in March and I postponed that although it will probably happen soon anyway.
I am glad you are supporting your local restaurants. My biggest reason to dine out is to leave the house. We work in the home so dining out is our entertainment. So if I am going to eat in our home, I might as well have fun and cook (I’ve been cooking all the meals for years). So I have made Thai, Italian, Greek, sushi, hot pot, lots of Indian foods, vegetarian meals, experimenting on my Traeger grill, etc, etc. As a bonus, I am eating a lot healthier. So I don’t expect to go back anywhere near as often when things settle down.

So far, I only ordered a pizza because I was craving a deep dish. But Sam’s Club, Walmart, Costco, and Walmart have profited a lot.

I put on hold big home projects in MN. I want to be there to coordinate. I also cannot shop for another new car, plan several vacations this year, buy new furniture, and the list goes on.

Old 06-13-2020, 08:16 PM

567 posts, read 430,796 times
Quote:
I saw that Orange County recently stopped requiring masks, so we'll see in a few weeks if they see an uptick like we did.
Many in Orange County have voiced displeasure with county and state officials regarding corona virus safe guards. I imagine it's a minority, but a very vocal minority. We'll see how that plays out in the near future.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:01 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,273,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
That doesn't sound fun. Do you guys know how she may have contracted it? Does she work around patients?

Old 06-13-2020, 09:03 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,273,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I am glad you are supporting your local restaurants. My biggest reason to dine out is to leave the house. We work in the home so dining out is our entertainment. So if I am going to eat in our home, I might as well have fun and cook (I’ve been cooking all the meals for years). So I have made Thai, Italian, Greek, sushi, hot pot, lots of Indian foods, vegetarian meals, experimenting on my Traeger grill, etc, etc. As a bonus, I am eating a lot healthier. So I don’t expect to go back anywhere near as often when things settle down.

So far, I only ordered a pizza because I was craving a deep dish. But Sam’s Club, Walmart, Costco, and Walmart have profited a lot.

I put on hold big home projects in MN. I want to be there to coordinate. I also cannot shop for another new car, plan several vacations this year, buy new furniture, and the list goes on.
My wife does a majority of the cooking but ordering out is nice, especially with 4 different people. The dish cleanup afterwards is also a PITA and I don't feel like doing that on a Friday night.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:59 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
That doesn't sound fun. Do you guys know how she may have contracted it? Does she work around patients?
She works at one of the large hospitals in Phoenix and contracted it from a positive patient who was in for an unrelated reason who didn’t know he was carrying it. A lot of staff were sent home and tested because they came into contact with him. Similar things are happening at a lot of hospitals.

Old 06-14-2020, 04:37 PM

566 posts, read 572,829 times
My husband has an outbreak at his job. Not a medical facility. White collar position. We're still awaiting test results for him. No one is taking this seriously here and now it's going to start playing out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area