Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 04:52 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times

Advertisements

Remember that not so long ago that AJ was in the 'middle of nowhere' and such communities tend to attract lawbreakers--------whereas in Scottsdale a Meth lab would be ferreted out quickly.

Meth for some reason is 'popular' with rural people whereas other drugs (cocaine, etc) appeal to so-called urban dwellers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 02:56 PM

338 posts, read 1,624,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Remember that not so long ago that AJ was in the 'middle of nowhere' and such communities tend to attract lawbreakers--------whereas in Scottsdale a Meth lab would be ferreted out quickly.

Meth for some reason is 'popular' with rural people whereas other drugs (cocaine, etc) appeal to so-called urban dwellers.
Meth is not just popular with 'rural people' - it's popular everywhere especially in the Phoenix metro area including Scottsdale.

Old 04-26-2008, 03:04 PM

1,108 posts, read 3,320,620 times
Back before the late 80s AJ was mostly rural and had a small town feel. AJ was part of the old Arizona that has vanished. AJs transition into being part of the now sprawling metro area the covers the Valley did not go well. Poor planning equals instant ghettos.

Old 04-26-2008, 03:35 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,696,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyk View Post
why is apache junction such a hell hole?? it has so much potential to be prime real estate with those superstitions right there. when did the tweakers decide to take over. i live on signal butte and baseline(as far east in mesa as it gets) and as soon as you cross ironwood your in a bad area. obviously my question is why, and how.
Depends on the area of AJ just like the rest of phoenix. My girlfriend's brother lives there and they have no issues.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:10 PM

551 posts, read 1,590,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyz911 View Post
Meth is not just popular with 'rural people' - it's popular everywhere especially in the Phoenix metro area including Scottsdale.

That's because it's cheaper than cocaine from what I hear...as I don't do drugs I am no expert.

LF

Old 05-06-2008, 02:31 AM

19 posts, read 74,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
They have to make meth somewhere

It's probably that line of scuzzy places that attracts those types of people. I really don't know but half of AJ is old people and the other half meth heads.
Moderator cut: rude She is very quick to make rude remarks about AJ that aren't true.

I'm not old or a tweaker, lived in AJ since 91. Yes, there are 40,000 snowbirds that visit AJ in the winter. Yes, there are tweakers. They're everywhere, old people and tweakers.

Yes, AJ has had some poor planning, I agree. The City Council is a joke.

But you can't beat it for beautiful views, black, starry nights and quiet. And not living in a walled in subdivision.

I live on horse property that backs up to the mountain, in ground pool, beautiful home. Sure beats that rented stucco house I'm sure Sheena lives in. with the 5000 sq ft lot.

So tired of all the AJ bashing on this board, most of you have never been here. Yes, there are trailers, god forbid.

Well keep on living the good life in your tiny homes with 5 ft in between them. We like that you think our town is crappy, we want you to stay away. Sheena couldn't afford a home out here anyway, well maybe a trailer.

Last edited by sablebaby; 05-06-2008 at 11:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area