Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2006, 12:13 PM

531 posts, read 2,068,197 times

Advertisements

I recieved a job offer in Phoenix and was wondering what would be the best place for singles in Phoenix. Tempe or Scottsdale maybe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2006, 09:52 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,745,361 times
Default dont' bring your snow shovel or ice scraper

Live in the area where you will work. The last thing you will enjoy is driving by yourself for long periods of time commuting to and from work in rush hour traffic. As a single you will enjoy the weekends and the many places to gather for nightlife in both Scottsdale and Tempe, even if you live in Mesa or Chandler. So most important is to shorten your workweek driving and enjoying the weekends.

Oh,,,, if you’re moving here from the northland don’t bring your snow shovel or the ice scraper ~ we don’t need them here but you will want suntan lotion.

Old 12-28-2006, 06:11 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,392,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montevista1 View Post
I recieved a job offer in Phoenix and was wondering what would be the best place for singles in Phoenix. Tempe or Scottsdale maybe?
Live as close to either Old Town Scottsdale, Mill Ave., or the intersection of Shea and Scottsdale Road as possible. That way you will be close to where you will be going out. If you lucky, you can get close enough to walk. Otherwise, you can scare a cab which won't cost you an arm and a leg.

Not sure where you are coming from, but when I first moved out here from the Northeast I found out that you have to drive everywhere, even to go out. It sucks. So, live as close as possible.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:52 PM

I live in L.A. to go to the market I need to drive! I can get stuck in 1 light 10-15 minutes. Any traffic issues in Phoenix would be small compared to LA.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:16 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,392,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montevista1 View Post
I live in L.A. to go to the market I need to drive! I can get stuck in 1 light 10-15 minutes. Any traffic issues in Phoenix would be small compared to LA.
Well, the traffic may not be a bad but you certainly have to drive everywhere here in Phoenix. More spread out and less walkable, even when compared to LA. You pretty much have to drive everywhere.

But, there are a few places where you can live within a reasonable walk of Old Town Scottsdale, which (if you like the LA "scene") is about the closest PHX gets. There are a couple of other places at Shay and Scottsdale Road, but one of the places is in a strip mall with a California Pizza Kitchen and the other place is in a strip mall with a Safeway. So, if you need toilet paper or cereal, you can pick up your groceries after you leave the bar. You get the picture.

Anyway, good luck. I have had a terrible time meeting people here and I going back East to a real city.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:42 AM

Default Meeting People in L.A.

Its tough to meet people in LA too. I live in the burbs and I go to work go home and thats about it. Only way to meet people is to join a club go to church etc.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:07 AM

2 posts, read 12,204 times
Living in Phoenix or the metro cities nearby can be a challenge. But you have the right idea, Tempe or Scottsdale. In the turn of the new year, condos and housing in general are becoming more affordable. Many more singles in these cities because of the close proximity to ASU. You have the right idea. Drop an email message for more specific information, especially about housing, at jgallardo@azirp.com. Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area