U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-29-2008, 11:07 PM

6 posts, read 19,875 times
Default Best Honda Dealerships in Phoenix

I will be moving to Phoenix this summer and would like to buy a Honda after arriving in AZ. Where would you recommend? Which dealers have the best service and best deals on new cars? Thanks.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:33 PM

14 posts, read 29,821 times
We've had good luck with Right Honda just east of Scottsdale Road on Frank Lloyd Wright.

One tip though....we've always bought directly from the Fleet Manager or, in the beginning, the Assistant Fleet Manager. You don't need to be buying a fleet to buy from them; some people don't know that.

I think one reason we were directed to the fleet department for our first purchase thereis that we didn't even step ONE foot inside any dealership without first doing 100% of our homework (everything from knowing about the cars, to doing research on the Internet on the absolute best price, to knowing our FICO score so they couldn't say we didn' thave excellent credit.) When Right Honda noticed we knew our business and wouldn't budge on the price we wanted, they sent off off to the fleet area. We didn't have the same results at other Honda dealerships; they were all willing to let us walk out the door rather than sell us a car at a great price.

What I liked about Right Honda (and I can only speak for the fleet dept.) is that they treated us like very valuable customers even though they weren't making much on the deal. Repeat business and word of mouth seems important to them. We've purchased three cars there and were treated that way from the first car we purchased. I also found the entire transaction (paperwork, loan, etc.) very efficient and honest.

Good luck!

Last edited by azloft; 04-29-2008 at 11:33 PM.. Reason: add info

Old 04-29-2008, 11:36 PM

14 posts, read 29,821 times
Sinosummer....just a FYI in case you haven't already researched this. I don't know what state you're coming from, but auto insurance rates in the Phoenix area are high, so it's best to inquire what your rates will be before you purchase a specific vehicle. Some cars cost more to insure than others.

Also, your vehicle registration may be higher than it is in your state. You can ask your dealership or inquire at the Department of Motor Vehicles here: Arizona Vehicle Registration & Titling - AZ Car Registration Guide - DMV.ORG

Old 04-30-2008, 09:14 AM

638 posts, read 1,599,489 times
Also remember that your sales tax will differ depending on where in the valley you buy. Mesa should be the lowest tax rate.

Just go to edmunds and price out the car that you want, know how much it should cost, then send off emails to 3-5 different fleet departments. Play them against each other and let them know you'll buy from the least expensive.

Set up your financing through a credit union or the dealership if they are offering 0% apr and it doesn't make sense to take a rebate (not sure honda offers rebates, but that's the idea anyway)

Old 04-30-2008, 09:48 AM

642 posts, read 1,429,134 times
Agreed. I also say right honda . We had a great experience buying from there on our previous car unlike the horrid experience when we bought from nissan of Scottsdale.

Ama

Old 04-30-2008, 11:33 AM

486 posts, read 782,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinosummer View Post
I will be moving to Phoenix this summer and would like to buy a Honda after arriving in AZ. Where would you recommend? Which dealers have the best service and best deals on new cars? Thanks.
I was very impressed by Right Honda on Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd. When my Honda had a recall, they got me in without an appointment, fixed it, and even washed the car. Also, Right Honda is one of the few places in Phoenix that is walkable to somewhere you can get a cup of coffee, First Watch, about half a mile down the road.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:31 PM

31 posts, read 108,691 times
Showcase Honda is in Phoenix !! Camelback and approx. 16th Street.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:59 PM

6 posts, read 19,875 times
thanks very much everyone for your helpful replies. Right Honda it is!!! looks nice, at least from their website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area