Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 12:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,361 times

Advertisements

I've lived in my home in Mesa (near Guadlupe and Power) for 13 years and never seen so many dead doves. My dog is bringing in "presents" every day, sometimes twice a day. These are adult birds, not nestling blown out by the monsoons. I'm concerned about disease or poison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 04:18 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
I'd call the health department and let them know. If they come and check, and it's west nile, they will get their vector control out to spray for mosquitos.

Old 07-19-2009, 04:27 PM

136 posts, read 300,104 times
Phoenix air is, after all, well....deadly...

Old 07-19-2009, 06:45 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,016,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgaignard View Post
? Why do you assume he saw pigeons? I can't speak for the guy in Phoenex, but the birds I saw in NJ were not pigeons. There was a variety of singing birds. Also, they all looked as if they just fell out of the sky. There was no blood; they were not in the street after being hit by a car, or anything like that. They looked like they'd been poisoned or something. They were everywhere. Then a friend of mine in Boston was telling us how she was walking around the other day and saw "all these dead birds!" I told the group I'd seen the same thing when I visited my boyfriend in NJ. This morning I got curious and Googled, "Has anyone else noticed all the dead birds?" Here is one thing I found, Birds fall from sky over town | NEWS.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,21035741-421,00.html - broken link)

I think this is a serious problem. It is happening all over the world to all types of birds, and fish, and frogs, and we all know about the bee population. No pun intended, but this is like the "canary in the coal mine," if you ask me.
Did anybody catch this post. It was from last year, but I hope this person found some help and guidance. Watched "The Happening" a little too much, or is it M. Night Shyamalan himself hyping us up for another movie!!!

This person failed to read in the article the fact that catastrophic flooding and a natural disaster occurred just before the birds started dropping dead. They didn't pinpoint the cause of the deaths at the time of the article's printing, but the probability of their deaths and the disasters being connected are nearly 100%. However, the bees are disappearing in some part of the World. But I think some of these birds dying are poison related or just living out their lives and simply expiring here in the Phoenix area. I mean, birds do die people, LOL! But just catch the thread about people killing them, especially pigeons in the Suburbs! If you set out poison for "birds" or even pigeons, just realize other birds and animals will be poisoned as well. You meanies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area