Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2021, 01:25 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,806,003 times

Advertisements

Can we go back to the original topic please? This is no longer about Phoenix real estate anymore, clearly, and the hijacking isn’t productive in anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2021, 01:32 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Can we go back to the original topic please? This is no longer about Phoenix real estate anymore, clearly, and the hijacking isn’t productive in anyway.
We agree. Our bad.

Old 03-25-2021, 01:48 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
What's the point in continuing this thread? You and I have already been given the answer to the original post by those like MN-Born-And-Raised who already got theirs:

Either start from scratch in a new career like tech, or move to Alabama or Iowa.

I think this thread is dead :/

Old 03-25-2021, 02:14 PM

105 posts, read 84,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
I am literally starting a business right now that I have absolutely zero experience in. I'm doing my research and talking to people who are smarter than me. I know it's a good industry to get into, so I figure start now regardless of my knowledge and pick up things as I go.

Need any employees yet, Sno0909?

Old 03-25-2021, 02:23 PM

13,688 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Quote:
Well, if you can't afford to buy in the Phx metro....then look to live in another area of AZ or leave the state.

And if prices were to crash in Phx expect the sharks to be out in full force... and they pay cash.

Last edited by john3232; 03-25-2021 at 02:40 PM..

Old 03-25-2021, 02:38 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,044,643 times
Quote:
If you do not have an absolute NEED to buy a house today, I'd not be in a rush. Trying to buy in an overheated market is just miserable. There's not much inventory, one is under pressure to make a snap decision, and then there's the matter of trying to outbid other buyers. Thankfully I've never found myself in that situation.

My first job out of college was with a small company that was not, shall we say, financially sound. It was a great place to work, but buying a house while I worked there never entered my thought process. I was nearly 30 years old when I bought my first house.

I'd work on trying to make more money, and save/invest as much as you can for now. One thing is for certain, the housing market will not be "hot" forever.

Old 03-25-2021, 03:11 PM

1,688 posts, read 1,268,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
If you do not have an absolute NEED to buy a house today, I'd not be in a rush. Trying to buy in an overheated market is just miserable. There's not much inventory, one is under pressure to make a snap decision, and then there's the matter of trying to outbid other buyers. Thankfully I've never found myself in that situation.

My first job out of college was with a small company that was not, shall we say, financially sound. It was a great place to work, but buying a house while I worked there never entered my thought process. I was nearly 30 years old when I bought my first house.

I'd work on trying to make more money, and save/invest as much as you can for now. One thing is for certain, the housing market will not be "hot" forever.
I agree to a certain extent. Me personally, I wouldn't buy a home right now, but I already own a home. Many people that are renting have a choice to make - pay ridiculous rent prices or bite the bullet and buy a home and pay the same amount each month. Rent price increases are not sustainable for many people. Buying a home gives you the same payment every month without any surprises.

Old 03-25-2021, 03:36 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,722,192 times
Quote:
I did notice recently a company that has purchased over 100 homes in the PHX area and they have some type of lease to own program. Maybe you can look into those.

Old 03-25-2021, 03:47 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,044,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
I agree to a certain extent. Me personally, I wouldn't buy a home right now, but I already own a home. Many people that are renting have a choice to make - pay ridiculous rent prices or bite the bullet and buy a home and pay the same amount each month. Rent price increases are not sustainable for many people. Buying a home gives you the same payment every month without any surprises.
I'll point out that, by definition, home ownership is not a surprise-free existence! Expensive maintenance issue can come up at any time. Just yesterday I saw a backhoe digging in a neighbor's yard... looks like they may have foundation issues. Regular maintenance items like replacing HVAC or a roof runs thousands of dollars. People sometimes have to rip up their slabs to fix plumbing problems, dig up the sewer connection to have it replaced, etc... Any day a backhoe has to come to one's house is a bad day

Taking on a financial commitment that's not comfortable is never a good idea in my opinion. I didn't catch what part of the city the OP is looking in, but trying to buy a home here on $50k income seems like a stretch to me. Better off living with a roommate or two, investing what can be saved, and working on earning more $$.

Old 03-25-2021, 04:17 PM

1,688 posts, read 1,268,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
I'll point out that, by definition, home ownership is not a surprise-free existence! Expensive maintenance issue can come up at any time. Just yesterday I saw a backhoe digging in a neighbor's yard... looks like they may have foundation issues. Regular maintenance items like replacing HVAC or a roof runs thousands of dollars. People sometimes have to rip up their slabs to fix plumbing problems, dig up the sewer connection to have it replaced, etc... Any day a backhoe has to come to one's house is a bad day

Taking on a financial commitment that's not comfortable is never a good idea in my opinion. I didn't catch what part of the city the OP is looking in, but trying to buy a home here on $50k income seems like a stretch to me. Better off living with a roommate or two, investing what can be saved, and working on earning more $$.
Touché
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area